iOS UI/Interaction Designer
CHIMP is a growing tech company changing the charity sector. We are a collective of dreamers, creators, and makers. We believe that everyone wants to see positive change in the world and everyone can contribute to creating that change. Our team members are leading the movement to make giving a part of everyday life.
Our online platform empowers people to support any charity in the country, get instant tax receipts, automate donations, give with friends, and set up savings accounts for charity. The CHIMP community has donated over $420 million to date, benefiting thousands of Canadian charities.
We love working with talented, creative and open-minded people who think in big, bold pictures and work hard to make a difference at the office and in the world. We know we have a team of all-stars, so we offer competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it! Plus, you won't find better lunchtime conversation anywhere else in town.
Come join us and let’s change the world together!
iOS UI/Interaction Designer
Reports To: Director, Experience
Status: Full Time, Contract (3-5 months)
About our App
We are very excited to be working on our first native iOS mobile app! Based on years of experience and backed by deep knowledge in the charitable sector, we are creating a product to change the way people approach charitable giving, and giving as a social engagement practice as a whole. What makes this project unique and interesting? We focus on people and their giving journeys, approaching giving as an everyday practice. At the same time, we are expanding our platform to include different ways to participate in giving cultures across the globe.
We strongly believe that we are all generous and when equipped with the right tools, we can help each-other and make real change happen. We also strongly believe that giving is beautiful and joyous, and we want to make it fun and effortless for people. Why do we care? Because the brighter future you image is worth having.
What You'll Work On
Embedded within our multidisciplinary Experience Design Team, the UI/Interaction Designer role will work on helping create our new UI. The position will focus exclusively on creating the UI/Interaction layer from a complete and comprehensive set of wireframes/design specifications already completed. This role will work closely with Content Strategists, UX Designers and our Design Lead.
What We're Looking For
- A portfolio of work demonstrating confidence, flexibility and proficiency across different design disciplines, from UI to print
- We are looking for someone who can work with a set of wireframes and newly developed brand guidelines to create unique UI/interaction work
- We are looking for a highly creative and skilled person who can truly bring life to the application through interactive information design
- We are not looking for a copy of wireframes in a more visual format
- Superb knowledge of UI and interaction design tools (i.e. Flinto)
- Ability to work strategically with content, UX, and brand positioning
- Ability to create and organize relevant design documentation and specs
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and passion for what you do
- 8+ years experience working in native mobile environments
- A portfolio demonstrating industry-class native mobile interaction work
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is authentic and passionate
- Someone who cares about their practice and brings this passion to every project
- An egoless learner who is open-minded and is able to receive constructive feedback well
- Someone who cares about the same things we do and respects their craft
- A person who is proactive and organized
- Possesses a collaborative, team-focused working style, and is an excellent communicator
WHAT WE OFFER
- Monthly Donation Matching. To encourage you to give.
- Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
- A Fun Place to Work!Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now