As a designer, you will create inspiring and effective experiences across web, mobile, email, and social. Working with a mix of nonprofits, brands, and causes, you will build cohesive, action-oriented campaigns, develop responsive websites and brands, and engage audiences with compelling visual storytelling. You’ll work on an interdisciplinary team of strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and clients.
- Support (and sometimes lead) the visual design of a wide range of digital projects – including email/social fundraising campaigns, identity design, and responsive websites
- Collaborate with creative directors and strategists in the development of ideas and creative solutions; present and articulate design rationale to clients; collaborate and iterate based on feedback and testing outcomes
- Contribute to advancing growth within the global design team through regular team crits and work sessions
- Stay current in digital media best practices, trends, and technologies
Designers at Blue State Digital are driven and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the design field, and are able to work autonomously, quickly, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, elicit emotion, and deepen understanding.
The top things we're looking for
- Flexible skill set and versatile design aesthetic: a brilliant range of examples of how to inspire and activate a range of audiences across platforms. Fluency in Sketch and After Effects is preferred.
- Proven track record: 3+ years of professional digital design experience. Capacity to be resourceful and self-directed while handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking: an advanced understanding of how design fits into the broader vision of a project, and how to respond to creative challenges within the constraints of budgets, timing and resources.
- Agility: an ability to adapt to evolving project needs and communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients to solve problems on the fly. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- Drive: a shared curiosity and commitment to making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a dedication to creative integrity that ensures we’re always making progress in moving our work forward.
- Resilience: Empathy, humility, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD.
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now