We’re looking for a Web Designer who wants to be bold and take chances with design. We’re a small but mighty creative team in Marketing that is focused on clever problem solving and building the design culture here at Klaviyo. You will play an important role in that by working on and defending the Klaviyo brand, taking part in team brainstorms, and designing awesome web experiences that include reports, ebooks, data visualizations, landing pages, and the Klaviyo website and blog.
Your responsibilities include:
Content design. We make a lot of reports, case studies, guides, and training sessions to help ecommerce marketers grow their businesses. You’ll work on all of this — designing interactive web experiences that help users understand and put information to use.
Website and blog design. You’ll create delightful and on-brand experiences for the Klaviyo website and blog. Working with our developer, you’ll push boundaries, improve user interactions, and help make the site beautiful to look at and use. You’ll even jump in to changes styles and images, or add animation and interaction on your own.
Web design standards and systems. You’ll work to develop and maintain a website style library and keep our website experiences consistent and up-to-date. You’ll work with our product design team to ensure consistency with the Klaviyo product in interactions, and with our site developer to build on our CMS in ways that helps enable the Marketing Team to be empowered to make updates, create pages, and publish content.
Testing and optimization design. You’ll work with the Performance Marketing team on an ongoing basis, designing for website tests and improvements that optimize site performance.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Understanding of our product and audience and can work to our visual brand standards
- Familiarize yourself with the creative project management process (project requests, kickoffs, working with the rest of the marketing team to see a project through.)
- Have an in depth understanding of how our site and blog backend works and have identified areas to make updates, improvements, and changes.
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Are proactively making ongoing improvements to klaviyo.com’s visual design and user experience
- Have designed 2 major site design updates with responsive experience and marketing goals in mind.
- Worked collaboratively with Performance Marketing team to redesign, refine and optimize our landing pages or other site pages.
- Reviewed, recommended, and executed at least 3 improvements to the blog ui to improve usability and experience.
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Have built and maintained design library and standards for the website
- Work with product designers to sync product design styles with website design styles and are constantly working to maintain those standards.
- Work with the design teams across the company in furthering design culture at Klaviyo and are an active contributor to Klaviyo’s dribbble account, design blog, and podcasts.
- Designed at least 3 guides and/or reports that stand out for their design as much as they do their content.
You excel at visual design and storytelling - and understand how to use those skills to create beautiful and unique web experiences that are also intuitive and innovative. You thrive in fast-moving environments and are impatient about getting your work out there in the world. You’re always learning - from those around you or by jumping in to figure something out on your own. You aren’t afraid to tackle a challenge head on and you search out the answers you need. Passionate about the design industry, you look at other brands and websites, read about design trends, and don’t want to settle for how it’s been done before. You probably mentally redesign other websites and can probably think of at least 5 that inspire you or bug you right off the top of your head. You want to work with people that feel the same way.
Klaviyo is a high growth Boston startup that prides itself on building a large, fast-moving, and sustainable business. Our marketing software is helping more than 10,000 innovative ecommerce brands get better at connecting with their customers. We’re deeply passionate about learning, solving tough problems, and helping one another level up in all things. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now