The Visual Designer will execute creative initiatives across TNC’s global digital properties, including web design and digital creative. S/he will bridge strategy and design, and always think holistically to keep user experience top of mind. The Visual Designer will work closely with the Conservancy’s Creative and Digital teams to drive towards Digital’s business goals while elevating the Conservancy’s brand as best in class. This is a full-time position located at The Nature Conservancy’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
• Create visual assets for TNC’s global digital properties, including nature.org and other content and social media platforms. Apply brand identity, typography, photography, color and other elements appropriately to create mockups, infographics, and social media assets like shareable graphics, photos, and videos.
• Conduct user experience (UX) activities to explore and serve user needs, including creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups and assets for user research and testing.
• Collaborate with development team to ensure interactive components are implemented as intended. Create and deliver assets that are easy for developers to understand and implement, from static mock-ups to interactive prototypes.
• Maintain TNC’s visual digital brand guide that governs all aspects of UI design: colors, fonts, charts, modules, and components.
• Innovate on new design processes that bridge the gap between traditional design development and the web, enabling the ability for design review, workflow and production to move beyond static comps. Collaborate with creative team to grow capabilities for creating digital content including redesigning/repurposing print media for use in a digital environment.
• Continuously enhance design skills, knowledge of digital design trends, and remain current with technological advancements within the creative industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing client and account relationships.
• Experience implementing, and managing multiple complex projects.
• Experience negotiating agreements.
• Multi-lingual skills appreciated; multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in design-related field preferred.
• 2+ years hands-on UX experience highly preferred.
• Has a portfolio demonstrating a clear design process and strong understanding of visual elements.
• Experience in a design studio, agency or in-house creative department preferred.
To apply to position number 46571 at www.nature.org/careers. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 3, 2019.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now