Product Design Lead (m/f/x)
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are seeking a Product Design Lead to lead and grow our design team in Berlin. As Product Design Lead, you'll collaborate closely with the leadership team to establish a strategy and manage the effectiveness of our design efforts on our deal platform and across our entire organisation.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead your team to innovate, ask questions, learn quickly and deliver extraordinary results
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other key stakeholders to oversee the creation, development, and iteration of our product
- Control the quality of output for all work from the design team across multiple departments
- Foster an environment in which user happiness, employee happiness and company values intersect and flourish
- Codify design principles and standards to create a highly effective and coherent team
- Foster an environment of strong personal relationships, long-term professional development, and have a meaningful impact on your team members’ careers
- Recruit and retain top design talents
The qualities we are looking for are:
- We’re looking for someone already based in Berlin or who is happy to relocate (No remote workers)
- 8+ years design experience, and/or portfolio equivalent - experienced as an art director, principal designer or similar role, concepting and creating original and viable creative options for stakeholders
- 3+ years leading product design teams
- You are a self-starter; you initiate and start things
- You have a passion for coaching and mentorship, and you take pride and delight in multiplying the success of your team’s work and growth
- You can handle multiple requests simultaneously under pressure as well as you have the aptitude to handle multiple projects and switch quickly between them if needed
- You are exceptionally good at solving problems in design and your team members should feel free to frequently look to you for advice. However, you won’t just provide advice, you will take the time to help them discover the best solution from within themselves
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to interact effectively with various team members from different departments and experience levels
- Experienced understanding of both web and native app design principles
- Fluent in modern design software such as Sketch, Figma, and Framer
- Excellent English language skills in proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Any tech/gadgets/apps you need to get your job done
- Personal development budget for attending conferences and/or training workshops
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc...
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city center easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene.
- Join the best Berlin employer of 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV and design portfolio. We would also like to know your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.