Lead Product Designer
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Lead Product Designer!
Why it Matters: This person will be responsible for designing products that are truly worthy of our audience’s time, attention, and trust. As a leader in the creative process, you will be defining and influencing the direction of our internal and user-facing web and mobile products.
Go Deeper: The Lead will play an integral role in product management and business strategy by gathering and evaluating user requirements and synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience working closely with product managers, designers, software engineers, and data scientists
- Experience leading teams of UI/UX designers
- Experience with UX design for both web and mobile apps
- Solid understanding of WCAG 2.0 and designing accessible web and mobile experiences
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision and UX design tools like Sketch and Zeplin
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, mockups and flow diagrams
- Strategic mind for solving problems
- Experience building stakeholder alignment
- Ability to synthesize user needs, editorial needs, and business needs into a compelling product experience
- Experience developing and implementing a design system across multiple products, is preferred
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Posted 14 days ago