UX & Product Designer
Software changed the way humans live, and machine learning is doing it again today. We started Proscia to use this power to perfect cancer diagnosis by changing the way the world does pathology.
We build software that pushes the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. Our solutions are used by thousands of pathologists and researchers, and our work is improving outcomes for patients around the globe.
That’s why we’re looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. Developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
About this Position
Medical software has historically been defined by “box-checkers” that have ignored design and neglected their customers. This technology deficit means that critical fields like pathology continue to leverage archaic practices. Shouldn’t people and businesses at the center of the patient’s journey have access to the best software, built with the highest standards?
At Proscia, we care a lot about the things we build. That’s why we work to earn the respect of our community by creating beautiful and compelling experiences. Our company was founded on a belief that good design matters.
While this belief is core to who we are and how we started, our team and product is growing, and we need help scaling. We’re looking for a passionate product designer to help us continue to create experiences that our customers love, throughout their journey with Proscia.
Responsibilities: What You’ll Do
Proscia is a fast growing startup, and we want entrepreneurial thinkers that thrive in a challenging environment. When you come to work, you can expect to:
- Manage the customer and user experience with Proscia’s solution, end to end;
- Work closely with product management and product marketing team to gather and evaluate user requirements and customer feedback;
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps;
- Develop UI mockups and wireframes that clearly illustrate function and aesthetic;
- Generate graphical elements critical for product;
- Work closely with our software development team to guide the implementation of new features;
- Work with product team to conduct studies in ergonomics, user productivity, etc;
- Troubleshoot UX problems, continuously auditing the product to optimize the user experience;
- Develop company product design principles, leveraging brand guidelines and customer feedback;
- Help expand the company’s intellectual property portfolio;
- Cultivate a culture of design throughout the entire company, providing the resources for all team members to be everyday designers and create beautiful and compelling experiences for our community.
What we’re seeking
The success of our business is dependent on the ability for humans and computers cooperate effectively. In a time of transformation, human-centered design is critical. While we’re open to people that can prove us otherwise, expect you to at least have:
- 2+ years of industry experience as Product / UI / UX designer or similar role;
- Bachelor's degree in design, computer science, or relevant field;
- Strong portfolio of design projects, with experience designing web applications;
- Experience with design software including Adobe suite, Sketch, and/or similar design applications;
- Highly creative personality with an experienced eye and inherent design mindset;
- A passion for human-computer interaction.
Candidates that stand out from the rest will have:
- Experience working in medicine / healthcare;
- Understanding of AI-based workflows - how humans interact with AI;
- Understanding of the laboratory / anatomic pathology workflows;
- Experience with software designed for productivity.
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
Our office environment is designed for creativity and agility: with walls as notepads and couches for collaboration. We’re located in the heart of Philadelphia, with views of the city atop the train station so you can spend your time focusing on what matters most. Yes, we have the free food, gourmet coffee, craft beer, massage chairs, and wellness rooms —but you’ll come for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now