About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Rent the Runway is looking for a strong Digital Designer to join our growing Design and User Experience team. The main responsibility of the Digital Designer will entail focusing on the creation of innovative designs for web and native app interfaces and experiences. Additionally, the Digital Designer will work on cross-functional growth initiatives such as email, site/app merchandising, paid social, marketing landing pages, and paid display. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, interface design, branding, typography and have previously used technology and user research to improve their design solutions.
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for site, app, email and other marketing initiatives
- Ability to iterate multiple concepts based on user data and research
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runway’s brand vision
- Partner with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Daily collaboration with the product, tech and marketing teams to execute digital projects across all platforms
- Manage and track asset handoff and production process for all designs
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4+ years of hands-on experience creating digital experiences
- Well organized, solutions oriented, with a desire to work in pixel-perfect detail
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A love for typography, grid-based design and illustrations
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Ability to present and pitch user-focused solutions to stakeholders
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in the latest trends in design and technology
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS a plus, but not required
- Past experience working in luxury or fashion a plus, but not required