Hi, nice to meet you! We are Citrusbyte, a global team of strategy, design and development experts.
From white-boarding new concepts to long-term support, we bring the best practices and talent from the high-tech startup world into the enterprise to develop new applications, services, and platforms that solve our customers' business-critical problems. For the past ten years in the business, we had the pleasure of working with organizations like Apple, Google, Disney, AT&T, American Express, and many more.
We encourage you to learn more about us. Please visit our website.
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join our team.
In this position, you will be responsible for both creative leadership and people management. As a creative leader, you will partner with Product, Research and Engineering teams to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and help them solving their business-critical problems. As a people manager, you will be nurturing and scaling distributed team of 10+ designers who work across multiple client projects.
While this is a remote friendly role, the Design Manager should expect to travel to client site one week every other month on average.
Our ideal candidate has
- Over ten years of hands-on design experience
- A demonstrated track record in managing and scaling design teams
- A solid portfolio that can speak to your product design abilities
Vision & Strategy
- Visioning and strategic planning for the design team
- Aligning team goals with the company strategy
- Rising the impact of the Design to the company success
- Creating design-led approaches to complex problems
- Designing, planning and facilitating work sessions with the clients
- Checking that teams work efficiently and staffed correctly
- Setting design standards, values, and principles
- Defining and maintaining quality standards
- Ensuring design delivery
- Attracting, nurturing, coaching, and retaining talent
- Establishing frameworks for training, mentoring and career progression
- Creating training and learning material and opportunities for designers
- Determining design salary ranges and adjustments
People & Culture
- Supporting team happiness
- Addressing any issues or concerns with members of the design team, evaluating the problem, creating an action plan and executing it to address the issue heads on
- Resolving interpersonal conflicts or performance problems
- Embodying the design culture and contributing to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it
- Maintaining and contributing to our company internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines
- Ensure we provide design support when and where it’s needed
- Representing the design organization
Process & Practices
- Defining the design process and methodological toolkit, making sure that it is shared, understood, and used throughout the team
- Encouraging and empowering designers to make the biggest impact possible for the organization while reaching their professional development goals
- Coordinating design efforts with other departments (Sales, Engineering, Management)
- Leading design activities outside of client work
Benefits and Perks
- Remote Friendly. Work from your location when not traveling to the client site.
- Team Retreat. Once a year the entire Citrusbyte team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
- Healthy body, healthy mind – happy team. We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
- Healthcare & Finance. We have comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, plus we have a 401k plan.
Citrusbyte expects employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment are not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Citrusbyte is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Citrusbyte are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing signed by an officer of the company, and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.Posted 4 months ago Apply Now