Lead UX Instructor
RED Academy is a technology school formed for the designers, creators, developers and digital marketers of tomorrow. Our purpose is to provide highly engaging, immersive learning programs for our students, that will provide them with the relevant technical skills and knowledge to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving workplace.
With schools open in Vancouver, Toronto and London UK, and 1000 students graduated in 18 months, the top 5 fastest growing tech company in Canada is continuing to grow.
We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose, meaning that we encourage our staff to drive their own role, while we provide you with mentoring, training and personal development to support you in building a path you love and can truly connect with.
And best of all, all of our people share a deep passion for what they do: for design and technology, and finding the most forward-thinking ways of delivering a truly world-class learning experience for our students, all of which makes RED an amazing place to work.
In short, working at RED is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Aside from the deeply rewarding work of teaching and mentoring, we offer great holiday allocation & flexible working, benefits, health plan and a wide array of opportunities to be involved in the local tech and impact communities through our events and partnerships.
Who we are looking for
We’re on the lookout for a confident UX/UI designer with 3-5 years of experience to come join our growing team of instructors.
We look for people with a passion for sharing their knowledge who have significant real-world experience. Educational experience is a bonus, but all of our instructional team receive in-depth training in the latest instructional and educational approaches, and so this is much less important than your attitude, knowledge and portfolio.
You will be joining a team of designers to help shape and deliver our UX and UI Programs.
Our classes are taught in small teams with a low ratio of students per instructor. The programs are designed to be relevant to the tech world of today with personalised, applied learning content, working on projects from our network of partners.
Skills and qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance. You are a strong team leader with problem-solving, communication and analytical thinking skills. You are proactive, autonomous and resourceful.
- A diploma, certificate or a degree in the design field + 2 years of industry experience OR 10 years of industry experience.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: user experience design, user interface design, prototyping, ideation, digital marketing, mobile app & responsive web design, user research, user testing, typography, color theory. As well as experience with industry design tools like Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC, Principle, Framer.js as well as some understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Above all you have a great portfolio of work, a passion for working with people and a love for what you do.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Delivering an extraordinary student learning experience through passionate and informative teaching techniques and lesson delivery
- Coaching, mentoring and inspiring students to reach their full potential while working on real client projects and building their portfolio
- Contribute to the creation of our curriculum and to the constant improvement of our lesson
Great, so where do I apply?
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly on this page with your CV and a covering letter, providing three key reasons why you feel you would be the perfect fit. We aim to get back to you within a week to confirm if you have passed our initial sift.
RED Academy is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now