Independent game company is looking for a visual designer to help create and develop mobile games. We are very interested in artists who have a unique perspective, and are comfortable with working on content that is audience friendly, but not mainstream or expected. We are a very collaborative studio and enjoy working with people who like to give input and make suggestions, especially on aspects of the project that may not be their direct responsibility. This position is an off-site freelance opportunity with the potential to lead to a larger lead role involving multiple projects.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Working in close collaboration with Creative Leadership and Coders to design game screens, interface and game elements (iconography and visual language)- focusing on usability, interaction, and visual design
- Developing and communicating a clear vision for the game's UI art that compliments the game’s broader style
- A strong portfolio of work displaying a flexible approach to design with the ability to create distinct looks and styles
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- Ability to structure your own work time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate an eye for high quality visual work with strong attention-to-detail and a mastery of typography, color, iconography and grid
- Solid understanding of hand-held device/web/mobile graphics techniques and production practices for both Android and iOS
- Expert with Photoshop and Illustrator as well as proficiency with Flash
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. This position requires a strong self-manager since work is primarily remote.
- Available in NYC area to meet for regular in person check in meetings
Good to have:
- Experience in game art development
- Experience managing other designers
- Knowledge of game design concepts and an understanding of the mobile marketplace
- 3D and/or 2D Animation experience
- Illustration experience
Posted about 2 months ago