Director, Brand Design
Reports to: Chief Design Officer
Trusona is on a mission to get rid of passwords. Why? Passwords are a wicked problem that affects everyone. People want fast and simple logins to their digital lives. CISOs need stronger security. CFOs need to save costs. Businesses need to protect their brand. Worst of all, the wicked password problem perpetuates the most horrendous cybercrimes.
Trusona was founded in 2015 by CEO and cybersecurity expert Ori Eisen and is funded by Kleiner Perkins, Microsoft Ventures, Seven Peaks Ventures, and 2M.
Are you excited to solve this wicked problem? If “yep!”, read on.
Description – what the role is about
Trusona’s Director, Brand Design gets to lead the creation of Trusona’s brand strategy and execute its implementation. You’ll need a deep desire to uncover and amplify that which is authentic to Trusona. You’ll need an innate sense of simplicity and style and more than one prior success building brands, positioning them and taking them to market. You’ll bring existing relationships to Trusona and you’ll attract talent to help you get the job done.
The brand you create will be unlike anything the cybersecurity industry has seen and will set the course to change how security firms show up in market.
Keep in mind, Trusona is a startup. Day one, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and execute the delivery of your vision yourself.
Responsibilities – what you will be doing
- Create the long-term brand vision and brand strategy.
- Implement the vision, iteratively, in a way that’s thoughtful to the speed of our business.
- Uncover and amplify that which is authentic to Trusona.
- Define, maintain, and evolve Trusona’s visual design identity across all mediums.
- At the heart of the brand systems you define, you’ll care deeply about the words we choose. You’ll define the systems that allow every employee at Trusona to be able to communicate using Trusona’s unique voice. You’ll be a source of copy help and inspiration.
- Write. You’ll write a lot. You’ll write copy and craft visuals in parallel as the two must influence each other.
- Work with designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, human resources, and others at Trusona to deliver the assets they need, while carefully managing your brand vision across the company.
- Assist in strategic decisions with the leadership team.
- Collaborate across the company—using Trusona house rule #17; “An ounce of loyalty is better than a pound of knowledge. An ounce of humility is better than a pound of loyalty.”
- Increase the speed in which we define problems and validate solutions.
Qualifications – what you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- 10+ years of related experience, or the equivalent in combined education and experience.
- Gravitas—grounded in experience, not ego—that will influence the most senior members of our team and board of directors.
- Previously held a primary role in building more than one brand.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the design team and every team at Trusona.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of most leading design tools and production workflows.
- Strong organizational and logistical management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong portfolio which includes detail of your role on projects.
Perks – what you’ll receive
- Competitive salary + incentive compensation.
- Equity (incentive stock options).
- Unlimited paid time off + 10 holiday + duvet day.
- Be the vanguard that brings design leadership to the cybersecurity industry.
- Health, dental & vision – company-paid for employee.
- 401K plan.
- Free food and drinks.
- Perk of the month.
Trusona is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now