Lead Brand Designer
Why work for us
Matherson Organics is an Amazon-born company with challenger brands Active Wow (Oral Care) and Vitamin Bounty (Vitamin, Minerals & Supplements) that enjoys throwing punches above their weight class. Pound for pound, our team is leaner than any other peer in the market our size, but have #1 sellers in multiple categories in America’s hottest growing retailer. The team has brought a handful of products from concept to market several times and are continuing to build on this momentum. Our office is located in downtown Toronto and features a beautiful open workspace.
We are looking for a skilled graphic designer who is passionate about building bolder & more beautiful brands, capable of contextualizing the bigger picture, and brings energy and enthusiasm every day. We’re constantly trying new ways of marketing and are looking for someone who can design thoughtfully for different formats. Day-to-day, we are happy to have you voice your opinion in other areas of the business, and add new tools to your tool belt. Every day will be noticeably different than the next, so any hidden talents are a huge asset to our team.
Your responsibilities will include
- A high-level proficiency in design for various marketing materials including branding, packaging, graphic design, logos, typography, and label design.
- A keen eye for designing marketing and promotional assets. We want you to be able to take the lead in creating beautiful work with autonomy and be able to balance speed and quality of work.
- Manage a team of designers and guide them through different projects that need completion
- Active contributions to concept development for design projects
- Developing digital artwork for our brand website as well as beautify our posts for social media channels
- Preparing final artwork for output for various digital media formats
- Building and adhering to brand guidelines to maintain brand consistency
- Managing design project timelines to meet deadlines
- Proposing improvements to design or other business processes to improve quality, speed, or cost savings
- Other duties that may be assigned
A bit about you
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design required
- 3+ years of graphic design experience with proven branding, advertising and publication design abilities
- Experience with CPG or the health and beauty industry is considered a huge plus
- You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in web design (HTML and CSS) considered a big asset
- Self-starter and highly driven
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work – this role will have multiple functions
- Experience working in an agency is a bonus!
- Eager to learn everyday and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
If you feel that you’re a great fit and want to be part of a rapidly growing team, we’d be happy to hear from you. We believe experience comes from many different areas and that skills are transferable and that roles evolve as individuals grow.
To apply, please send us your resume and give a brief summary of your design experience and why you feel like you’d be a great fit for this role. Please include two relevant samples that show your best design work and/or showcases of your enviable creativity.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now