Be a part of something great.
We make the internet better with consultative creative and engineering services, innovative tools, and dependable products that take the pain out of content creation and management, in service of digital experiences that advance business and marketing objectives. We’re a group of people built to solve problems, made to create, wired to delight.
A customer-centric service model that covers every base, unrivaled leadership and investment in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators, and a forward-looking remote work culture make for a refreshing agency experience.
With more than 170 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization, we are big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. Cross-discipline teams of 6-8 specialists organize around qualified project and product managers, putting customer delivery front and center. Whether your ads are down, your visitor bounce rate is up, or your database server is sideways, we’re a partner who never says, “We don’t know how to help,” and can always say, “The President would be happy to speak with you.”
The Experience Design team consists of UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Audience & Revenue Strategists, all working together to design better websites and tools for our Fortune 500 clients.
The Creative Director guides creative strategy and execution for projects across a spectrum of diverse clients. The Creative Director works directly with both our Accounts and Delivery teams to ensure key design opportunities are pitched and executed with the optimal creative approach. This role requires working hand-in-hand with client stakeholders to define project strategies, establish common language around design, develop design principles, generate thorough creative briefs, and direct production team members in executing cohesive, award-winning design.
This is a work-from-home position with an expectation of frequent travel to local client meetings (in Seattle). Other travel will include flying to remote client pitches or onsite kickoffs. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Experience Design.
- Take responsibility for the creative design vision from concept to completion
- Translate client objectives and audience needs into clear creative strategies
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, especially User Experience Design, Front-End Engineering, Project Management, and Web Strategy to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Produce comprehensive creative briefs to help guide design execution and obtain explicit approval from key stakeholders at key project stages
- Ensure UX specifications, marketing/communication messaging, accessibility requirements, and brand standards meet or exceed expectations in design deliverables
- Lead the design portion of client pitches and proposals for key opportunities
- Facilitate effective remote and onsite design reviews, workshops, and presentations
- Work with Client Delivery to identify and assign the right creative staff to projects
- Coach and oversee Visual Designers and other creative production staff
- Support and direct design subcontractors, as necessary
- Active role in leading design vision within sales opportunities
- Meet with clients and prospects in person to gather requirements and/or run design workshops
- Must be located in Seattle, WA
- Deep experience in digital design (understanding of design systems, responsive, front-end technologies, accessibility standards, etc.)
- 3 years of Creative Direction experience
- 3-5 years of agency experience
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with content management systems and marketing platforms
- Strong content strategy, copywriting, and editing skills
- Strong ability to present conceptual decks and design ideas to executive/senior leaders
- Strong ability to quickly generate key design ideas/decks to win over clients
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, both with clients and technology/design
- Experience working within a corporate environment (e.g. addressing feedback from complex stakeholder groups, capturing and working with detailed design requirements, etc.)
Nice to have
- An understanding of WordPress
- Project management skills