UI/UX Design Lead at VC-backed startup
Mission-driven and venture-backed tech start-up is hiring a UI/UX Design Lead to help us design the platform of the future. We've already laid the foundation of a great design system and user experience and you'll be joining the team to both take user experiences to the next level and help us roll-out new features.
This is a design-focused company with a chance to use design to make a real impact on users and humanity. You must be obsessed with balancing beauty, intuitiveness, and functionality. Our mission is to do for business applications what Apple did for personal applications, and unlock a new era of prosperity. You must be a great designer and also a strategic thinker that can anticipate what users want.
This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up in CRM sales/marketing/service/AI that's just beginning it's rapid growth curve so the equity will be meaningful.
Who We Are
The KIZEN Platform is the first of its kind. The Platform seamlessly connects key applications for sales, marketing, and customer success with powerful automation and AI so teams can easily build deeper relationships, create more amazing experiences, and do more - and faster - with less.
The current generation of CRM tools have significantly underperformed their potential and have created extreme complexity, costs, and confusion across organizations.
We have a small innovation team and will be keeping it that way. All great innovations were created by small teams of committed, brilliant individuals – and that it's way more fun working with fellow brilliant game-changers.
This job is right for you if you’re looking for a chance where you can really contribute and you’re sick of the red tape, bureaucracy, and entitlement that gets in the way of progress in large, bloated organizations.
What You'll Do
You'll join a brilliant, fun team, do challenging work that matters, enjoy plenty of growth opportunities in whatever direction you desire, and have a legitimate shot at making the type of money that only the initial team in game-changing companies make.
You'll be working directly with our CEO, CTO, and development team. You will be the lead designer on features. We have a start-up culture and will be counting on you to come in, be a difference maker, and own the following:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using process flows, storyboards, and site maps
- Designing graphic user interface elements (menus, tabs, and widgets)
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, tables)
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Maintaining a design system
- Ensuring designs work great on mobile and desktop
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience managing projects and engagements involving multiple stakeholders, with the ability to effectively present your designs and sell your solutions to wide-ranging audiences
- Demonstrable UI/UX skills with a strong portfolio
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience in creating process flows, site maps, storyboards, user flows, and wireframes
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software
- Personality: fast moving, driven, self-motivated, adaptable, empathetic, energetic, detail-oriented, and a love for learning new technology
- Experience working with Figma
- Proven UI/UX experience with related B2B SaaS products
- Willingness to assist marketing with collateral and the main site
- Proven graphic design and layout design experience
- Video/animation skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- proven UI/UX experience with related B2B SaaS products: 2 years (Preferred)