Newsflare believes in the power of video to tell incredible stories. Every day, people around the world film amazing videos. Newsflare's platform connects the media to the best user-generated trending videos and the people creating them.
With offices in London and Los Angeles, Newsflare continues to grow and has become a mainstay in the video licensing industry around the world.
About the Role
We’re looking for a user interface designer to join our growing design team here in London. Working with other designers and other members of the broader product team you will help us breathe life into our journeys, deliver value to our end users and create enjoyable experiences that get them coming back again and again. We're a marketplace business so you'll have a loads of opportunities to design for a wide range of different user types in different situations. You'll be doing the important job of helping us hang it all together and look great in the process.
Part of role will also involve getting involved in the development and growth of our internal design system, so a creative thinker who can also systematise and deliver at scale is the ideal candidate for this role. We're also big on research and experimentation, so anyone who is willing, and able, to put their work to the test we'd love to hear from.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Turning conceptual ideas into impactful visual designs that are enjoyable to interact with, address product goals, follow creative direction and uphold the brand identity of the business.
- Work closely with User Experience designers to translate their research and output into compelling experiences for our customers.
- Contribute to the development and direction of the platform's design system
- Being an active team member by proposing new ideas, sharing your work early and often, and giving constructive feedback to ensure a cohesive design language
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
- Occasionally collaborate with Marketing to update platform and digital collateral.
- Advocating for and incorporating best practices around accessibility in design.
- Able to work remotely 2/3 days per week, whilst being comfortable commuting to our London office for the remaining 2/3 days.
- Passionate about design as a discipline and clear ability to translate that passion into eye-catching design
- A solid understanding of the principles behind UI and visual design and an ability to articulate them
- Able to take on feedback and provide it in kind to other designers and from other colleagues you'll be interacting with.
- Comfortable working on layouts in both a marketing and product setting
- Able to defend the decisions you make to your peers and key players within the organisation
- Ability to create interactive prototypes which you'd feel confident putting in-front of end users.
- Empathy with the end user and having a holistic view of the platform in mind.
- Comfortable and energised by working in a varied environment and across all product areas.
- Willing to propose creative new projects, from building free tools and apps that attract prospects and convert leads to testing new ideas for capturing existing demand.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an excellent grasp of visual design principles, high graphic standards, the ability to solve user problems and experience creating design deliverables for product development
- Atleast 2-3 years commercial UI design experience
- Can manage competing priorities and act on decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Capable and willing to work in a globally distributed team with colleagues in the UK, Europe and North America
- Based in or around London, UK
Our aim is to create a workplace built on acceptance, respect, and inclusion, where everyone feels that they belong and can make a meaningful contribution. We encourage applicants regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family, or parental status. If you need any assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.