Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
As a Product Designer at Toyota Connected, you will be responsible for the design of digital products that help millions of Toyota and Lexus owners on a daily basis.
We're looking for someone with a strong mix of interaction design, visual design and prototyping skills. A strong understanding of motion design would be ideal too, but ultimately we’re looking for someone who’s curious and consistently honing their craft. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for creating digital solutions from concept through iteration as part of an agile development team. This means you'll be solving problems with product owners, developers and other UX designers—using research, prototyping and good design sense.
UX designers work across all products at Toyota Connected but each of us has primary areas of focus. Yours will be in two areas:
- Guiding how Toyota and Lexus drivers interact with voice agents—everything from directions to emergency situations.
- From 2018 forward, all Toyota and Lexus vehicles will be connected, providing an astronomical amount of data and opportunities. As a Product Designer, you'll help our big data team create products across mobile, web and other technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Create magical product experiences
- Be actively involved in defining product strategies
- Think in terms of design systems and rational design decisions
- Obsess over design details
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve the product experience
- Be comfortable interviewing customers for essential feedback
- Thrive in a short feedback-loop environment
- Collaborate daily with design and development teams
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Have a highly refined aesthetic sense
- Have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry and white space
- Understand technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can communicate those clearly to our engineers
- Comfortable working side-by-side our talented team of mobile and front-end engineers
- Ability to plan, perform and distill your own user testing sessions
- Self-organized, with a strong attention to detail, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Comfortable using Sketch and rapid-prototyping tools
- Ability to clearly express the reasoning behind your UX and visual design decisions
- Consistently demonstrate the above qualities through a portfolio of shipped products
What You’ll Get
- We pay well and reward excellence
- Unlimited time off. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your time and workload.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to tend to their new or growing family.
- Free catered lunch, five days a week.
- Nice perks like 401(k) with generous company match, gym memberships, game rooms, free food, team activities and happy hours.
- We're careful about who we hire because we find that people who are at the top of their field like working around others who know what they're doing.
About Toyota Connected
Toyota Connected is a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in whole new ways.
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now