Senior Graphic Designer
BS LLC is the very front AND the very back of the bus, socially awkward but still outgoing in an endearing kind of way, obsessed with minor details and major ideas. Yes, we are “a nimble team of research-focused creatives driven to build more effective brands with strategy and intention.” And we do “specialize in working with brands experiencing transition or evolution—adept at helping brands rediscover their essence and build corresponding systems to stimulate growth, attract talent, and improve culture,” as our website and marketing materials announce. But we are also people who crack jokes, make mistakes, work our asses off, and eat a lot of spicy food.
For most of us, BS is the only agency we’ve worked for, and our careers haven’t been straight lines. Each team member brings their unique talents and creativity to whatever role they might play. And we tend to play a lot of roles at the same time. Is this you?
We have a lot of ideas and a lot of drive, and our most successful team members approach every task like an entrepreneur—your decisions and actions directly impact our work (and our client’s work) every single day. That also means that we have high expectations for ourselves and each other. You don’t need to know the answer to everything; you just need to know how to find it and be willing to chase it down.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will design original and effective brands and their associated executions, applications, and extensions. You will be directly responsible for exploring and creating brand worlds that inspire and delight our clients while also delivering on strategies developed from meticulous qualitative and quantitative research performed by strategists and creative directors.
Over time, we hope you will grow into an Art Director or Creative Director, using your knowledge and experience to contribute to the team's ability to create stunning brand worlds and assets. We value team members who want to cultivate new skills and seek new avenues of inspiration.
- Explore the implicit universe of creative possibilities within the boundaries and parameters of an explicit design goal.
- Create mood boards and presentations for internal and external agency use.
- Create original works of graphic design, motion graphics, print media, digital media, and other collateral materials as assigned
- Create original brand worlds using design assets, colors, typography, and other associated materials
- Maintain pre-defined organizational systems for working and finished files.
- Prepare production orders for collateral.
- Maintains records of billable project time as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Succeed in both independent and collaborative work environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications via portfolio
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related disciplines.
- Motion graphic experience
- Illustration experience
- Website and/or motion design experience.
- Inane trivia, especially around movies, television, music, or memes.
- A dog (or a cat).