Sr. Product Designer
You are motivated by understanding the creative process and designing product experiences for people to unlock their creative potential. You thrive in a thoughtful environment of product thinkers and builders, and balance exploration with focused execution. You look at the bigger picture of product design to determine how to bring the most value to users. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
VSCO is seeking a Senior Product Designer to own Growth design. You will ideate and deliver user experiences that will foster increased engagement from our creative community. There will be a focus on pushing the needle towards solving business problems through use of heavy experimentation, while balancing this with an emphasis on advocating for what’s best for our users. You will partner closely with Product and Engineering to craft and test varying experiences, and ultimately ensure we’re building the most compelling and unique features for our growing global community.
- Collaborate with our close-knit team to distill complicated problems into simple, minimal solutions
- Ideate and execute product experiments to facilitate growth
- Uphold a growth mentality by continually seeking out testable methods to improve features and experiences
- Design and launch products through entire design lifecycle, including ideation, mock-up, finished renderings and execution with Product and Engineering
- Strategically shape the product and UI/UX of our app, building compelling experiences and trust with our users
- Actively help shape VSCO's product design language and methodology
- 4+ years experience in UX, interaction design and building prototypes for a consumer facing product
- Direct experience focusing on the growth of a new or established product
- Proven working knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, and Illustrator)
- Experience in gathering research and an iterative approach to product design
- Strong understanding of technical limitations, and an ability to advocate for concepts cross-functionally
- A passion for making design alluring and user-centric
Nice to have
- Programming/coding experience
- A deep appreciation for photography and other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now