Senior Product Designer
Clubhouse is a project management platform that is loved by software teams around the world. Over a thousand organizations from high-growth startups such as Elastic and FullStory to large enterprises such as Condé Nast and Deloitte use Clubhouse to build software at scale.
Based in a coworking space near Union Square in Manhattan, our team is part on-site, part remote. We use Clubhouse to build Clubhouse, and talk with our customers to make sure that we’re building a product that meets our users where they are.
It’s an exciting time for the Clubhouse design team. We’ve just wrapped up a brand refresh with a highly-regarded agency who’s helped companies like Dropbox, Slack and Airbnb. The refresh will roll out in the next month, so you’ll help finesse and expand how this impacts our product design. As our Senior Product Designer, you’ll work directly with our Chief Design Officer as well as our Product, Engineering and CX teams to provide product design direction, design new features, shape our internal process and discipline, and over the long-term, you will help us identify and solve problems software teams face beyond just project management.
We have high standards for product design. We believe it’s not just the big features that matter - the little details really do add up and determine if a product is painful or delightful to use. We consider product design a combination of art and science, and while we are a growing, scaling company, we still appreciate the art in what we do: we like experimentation, trusting your intuition, and problem solving over excessive process or committee decision making. We believe that while someone ultimately has to make a decision, gathering and listening to diverse perspectives and drawing more people into the conversation, will result in a better product.
- Work across teams to design new features in the web and mobile apps
- Partner with our Customer Success team to conduct usability sessions and collect feedback
- Design and communicate wireframes, user journeys and mockups for our web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers to define and solve open questions in building and designing product features
- Design user flows, sketches, and high fidelity prototypes
- Communicate prototypes and design ideas to engineers to facilitate a smooth and successful implementation
- Champion user needs by continually improving user experience across our products in a fast-moving, iterative, product-focused environment
- Work with our Chief Design Officer to shape and improve our design process
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile applications
- Experience designing complex features for SaaS applications
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a rapid-growth and high-responsibility environment
- Experience in partnering with Product Managers to define, strategize and implement product features
- Portfolio or work samples demonstrating your interactive and visual designs
- Degree in a Fine Arts or Creative field
What we offer:
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we offer a sizable equity stake in the company.
- You’ll be working on a product built for other technology companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
Posted 28 days ago