Digital Marketing Media Designer
Alright, here's the deal: Job hunting is the all time worst.
So I'm happy to tell you, the search is over. You found the job of your dreams. Give your boss "the finger", flip your desk, knock over your cubicle and head on over to Sendlane. Just kidding...we have to invite you over, you can't just show up.
Anyway, we're Sendlane!
A rapidly growing marketing automation platform startup located in the Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa area.
Culture for us is E-VER-EY-THING.
We're all practically the 30 best friends that anybody could have. Play your cards right, you could be number 31 (exciting, we know.) We're an aggressive bunch whose success is directly correlated to the culture we strive to foster.
We have a huge sense of responsibility to each other, innately! We need to make sure the person we bring on board is down with that.
That being said, we are on the hunt for a marketing-focused multimedia designer and video editor.
Wait, wait, wait...STOP... before you apply, here's some things you gotta be able to say YES to...
Have you created images and graphics for both social and marketing purposes, yes or no?
Do you have metrics to show the success of campaigns you've contributed to or are responsible for, yes or no?
Have you worked in an aggressive environment where you had to provide a 3 minute video, shot, edited and delivered within 48 hours, yes or no?
Would you rather die than work in a corporate environment, yes or no?
Can you thrive in a loud, open space work environment, yes or no?
If the answer yes to the above - then keep reading :)
As I was saying, the ideal person would be the first of their kind in our company, joining our growing marketing and branding team.
We need a well-rounded and enthusiastic candidate with a thorough understanding of both image and video design/editing. An eye for layout, color theory, typography and various design styles is a must.
Someone who can create/follow trends plus design aesthetically awesome images and videos that align with our brand is crucial.
Before I go any further, I need to preface this by saying.
We need flexibility. We need a team player. We need someone who isn't afraid to share their ideas and opinions but also knows when and how to take direction (there's a time and a place, ya know?)
The ideal candidate for this position has worked on a collaborative marketing team in the past and has the ability to contribute to and align with strategic brand vision, while meeting both short and long term objectives.
Being an expert at Photoshop, Sketch, Final Cut Pro and After Effects is 100% imperative and is non-negotiable.
We want to bring on a motivated and self-sufficient person who is up-to-date on advertising best practices and standards AND has proven experience creating visuals and content for advertising purposes.
Think you have what it takes?
Here's a brief overview of what we're looking for (your day-to-day will be consistently different. We're a start-up! It's the nature of the beast)
* An accomplished marketing and advertising oriented designer with extensive experience in video editing - Aka you LOVE marketing and branding.
* Understanding the necessity and goals of a landing page and creating them from scratch.
* Expert at Photoshop, Sketch, Final Cut Pro and After Effects (Some overlap, so if you don't know sketch but you know Photoshop, we can work with you!)
* Ability to follow latest trends and create visuals/videos that align with our brand
* Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and not crack under pressure (good pressure! But pressure, nonetheless!)
* Wherewithal to bring ideas to the table, with synergistic creativity and a self-starter attitude
Experience with creating:
* Visuals/content for advertising and social media images, banners, and animated gifs.
* Custom, explainer, typography and kinetic videos
* Custom illustrations based on communicated vision (basically, look at something poorly created with Paint...and turn it into a work of art)
* Ability to mock up and finalize webpages and landing pages
* ADDED BONUS SKILL: The ability take the images to reality. Aka HTML and CSS skills - turn a design to reality.
We're quick and aggressive in all that we do so we're looking to fill this position NOW.
And, just in case gaining 30 new best friends wasn't enough, here are some perks to working at Sendlane:
* Health, dental and vision (50% paid by company)
* 401k contributions (match up to 4%)
* Company provided Macbook
* Unlimited paid time off (after 90 day probation period)
* Bi-monthly team building events and annual trips
* T shirts, Hoodies, Hats .... as many as a you may want.
* Unlimited snacks and drinks (beer included!) in the break room
* Unlimited ping pong and shuffleboard games (I know typical startup stuff :) )
* A spinny chair with 18 adjustment points - WINNING!
Think you have what it takes? APPLY!
There's a link under this job listing. We're going to ask you a few questions to really get to know you early. This is how we eliminate the back and forth long dragged out "corporate" process of jobs..
Instead, apply here, attach all your necessary items (resume, cover letter, portfolio, etc)
And if we think you might be a fit, we'll bring you in for an interview. (That's step 2 and last step in our process)
You'll get to meet everyone you'll directly be working with at some capacity, along with the leadership and we'll be able to ask you hard hitting questions that might make you sweat...
Send us your cover letter, your portfolio, and resume... along with anything else we may need to see.
We're looking forward to meeting you!
** Compensation is wide open. We have some numbers in mind, but we know the market will help us decide. The final question asked on the questionnaire when you apply is the money question. Apply for the love of the job. The money is the "easy part"" in our eyes. ***Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now