Lead Product Designer
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In a industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
As a digitally native brand, how users interact with our product impacts every decision we make. We’re looking for somebody to take creative lead and own the UI/UX of all of our digital products. The role will sit at the crux of our product and engineering functions and impact our pre-signup flow, customer portal, and in-house CRM. There’s ample room for growth within the company, and our ideal candidate has ambitions beyond web design.
- Ownership of the full design process from research through synthesis & ideation, to UX & visual design and prototyping
- Work alongside engineering to ensure all products are built according to spec
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Work alongside the Growth team to iterate on existing designs to contribute towards established KPIs (conversion, churn etc.)
- Audit existing designs to ensure usability and consistency
- Create ready-to-code interactive Invision prototypes
- Creating vector illustrations with Adobe Illustrator or Sketch
- 3+ years designing consumer facing, digitally native products with a strong emphasis on visual and interaction design
- Proven focus on KPI driven designs, with a record of improving metrics through UI/UX
- Proficiency in gathering and acting on user-feedback
- Dedication to building both beautiful and usable products
- Mastery in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Understanding of the product development process in fast-paced technology companies
- Bonus: Ability to assists in cross-departmental design needs such as email, marketing, and collateral assets
- Bonus: experience with HTML/CSS
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.Posted 7 months ago Apply Now