Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, creative and inspirational User Experience Lead to build and drive best-in-class user experiences while providing strategic direction for all aspects of user experience design.
You will be responsible for building and leading a team of UX designers to support product initiatives, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, and work with multiple cross-functional teams. You will serve as point of contact for clients on large digital engagements, and envisioning creative, innovation solutions to complex business problems. This candidate will be the voice of the user, expected to properly convey what the user wants, needs, and expects from the products that we are creating.
To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website or other samples of work, such as case studies that demonstrate your impact as a UX leader.
- Establish the overall direction and vision for UX team (establish approach, tools and process)
- Drive User Experience thought leadership in both the company and with our clients
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define product experience
- Serve as the voice of the user while meeting the needs of the customer
- Conceptualize, execute and refine design specifications and design standards in the form of style guides, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and functional design specs
- Understand complex qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
- Drive and document design standards and patterns across products
- Create customer-centric designs that address business, brand and user requirements
- Manage, mentor, and provide feedback to UX designers, with a focus on delivering high quality UX solutions to our clients
- Lead participatory design activities (e.g. client workshops, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
- Conduct, design and analyze user experience and usability testing, incorporating testing best practices
- Interact with current and potential customers to better understand their needs and communicate them effectively to the team
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of significant experience in information architecture and UX design for user-centered projects such as: responsive websites, web and mobile applications and other interactive touch points
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving complex UX design problems
- In-depth knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- Proven track record of building, managing and mentoring a team
- Experience building low and high fidelity prototypes of digital products to illustrate future concepts and functionality to clients (use of Paper, Invision, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
- Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills
- Proven experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Extensive experience building design systems that integrate with complex data
- Strong background in usability testing, and building rapid prototypes
- Experience working with an Agile development team
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams
- Expert knowledge of tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar
- Must be strategic, and creative while remaining detail oriented and process focused
Minimum Years of Experience: 10+
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Visual/Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or other related field.Posted 4 months ago Apply Now