Product Designer, Services
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Services team at Square is focused on creating purpose-built tools for businesses that sell their time (think: hair stylists at salons, trainers at gyms, lawyers, contractors, etc.). On this team, we’re building brand new products on top of Square’s revolutionary payments platform to make the lives of these professionals easier and more productive, and the experience for their customers more modern and seamless. Our small, cross-functional, and highly collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting, across all platforms, beyond traditional product lines. We’re hiring another Product Designer to design new experiences that empower these merchants to more effectively run their businesses and continue to extend beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
This is a high impact role and we’re looking for someone that is motivated by complex problems. You’ll be responsible for decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. On this team your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists that have a hand in each stage of the product development process, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a highly cross-functional role where you will be working closely with other designers, product editors, analysts, and engineers.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software