Senior Product Designer
Calm is the #1 app for meditation and sleep, with over 35 million downloads to date. It was named by Apple as the 2017 iPhone App of the Year; by Google Play as an "Editors' Choice" in 2018; and found by a major study of 200,000 iPhone users to be "the world's happiest app" – the single app that left users feeling happiest from spending time on it. It has received over 200,000 five star app reviews on either Google Play or the App Store.
Our mission is to make the world happier and healthier by developing a range of digital and physical products that enhance mental fitness and alleviate some of the most important mental health issues of the modern age (anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress).
The Senior Product Designer will be working across platforms to elevate Calm's offering in a variety of digital and physical spaces. Having an adept capacity to apply appropriate design methodologies to match the requisites of the projects is key. We have a rapidly growing product which is catalyzed by a fast-paced environment. Nimbleness matched with efficacy are intrinsic qualities to this role.
A great fit for this role will love talking to others about their work in structured and unstructured settings. A person who thinks great product design ideas can come from anyone in the company, and has an open ear to those perspectives. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness more accessible through digital and non-digital products, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission.
**Position is Full-time in the SF office**
- Execute end-to-end design efforts across all our platforms, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Include a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse talent and knowledge in the office to elevate your work and the product.
- Utilize a wide gamut of methodologies to effectively communicate product and designs ideas.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high quality execution.
- Research other offerings in the digital subscription and health space to best understand industry trends.
- Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity.
- Demonstrated success, experienced with 5+ years in interface and user experience design at a consumer internet company.
- You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward thinking with approachability.
- Must have experience with Sketch, Sketch Libraries, and Invision, and an interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
- Proven understanding and experience with user research, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services.
- Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems.
- Experienced in conducting customer research and usability sessions.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
- Excited and knowledgeable about the technical capacities and differences between Web, iOS, and Android.
Posted 5 months ago