Senior Product Designer
Director of Product Design
at Plenty of Fish
Plenty of Fish (POF) is one of the largest global online dating companies, available in more than 20 countries with 1,500,000 monthly new users. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH).
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Sr. Product Designer will contribute to the re-design of our user experience from how we match our members all the way through to how we present those matches across our Android, iOS and Web Platforms. This is a unique opportunity to be deeply involved in the brand transformation of one of the largest online dating platforms in the world.
As a Sr. Product Designer you will:
- Champion the need for user-centric design throughout the organization
- Build and evolve our design system
Sound like you? Great. We want to hear from you.
What will you do?
- Drive the visual, UI, and UX design for your product domain
- Lead product discovery using advanced qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create product experiences for complex user jobs
- Champion design thinking and user centered design throughout your team and the broader organization
- Work within our growing design system, advancing it when necessary, to create high quality product experiences that are consistent and delightful
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer for social network and/or marketplace products
- Deep understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies and best practices
- Strong analytic abilities with a proven track record conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform their design decisions
- Comprehensive portfolio showcasing an intuitive sense of design and natural artistic ability
- Self-starter that is passionate about design products that help our members find their happily ever after
- Familiarity, or direct experience, with the Jobs to be Done Framework
- Experience driving continuous discovery
- Experience working in a high-paced, high-growth startup
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now