Learning Content Designer (Remote)
Herrmann transforms the way that millions of people the world over think about work. Our solutions draw from cognitive neuroscience, I/O psychology, and learning theory to build powerful insights for individuals and their teams and organizations.
We’re looking for an experienced, strategic, tech-savvy Learning Content Designer to contribute to the growth and reach of our learning products through development of exciting and engaging learning content in the support of the growth and transformation of our US business and as part of the global company. This position is an excellent growth opportunity for an experienced, detail-oriented, self-starter with a passion for learning.
We'll want you to …
· Drive our content strategy and deliver the right content solutions for customer/client needs
· Manage content creation and maintenance of our exciting new products and programs.
· Be an integral member of our growing Product team and will closely collaborate with certification, marketing, and development teams to deliver innovative, accurate, timely content across print and digital media.
· Deliver compelling yet clear and concise content for facilitated program delivery and self-directed learning across multiple platforms.
- Create, develop and edit learning materials and content, with clear and meaningful learning objectives and measures
- Transform concepts of our Whole Brain® Thinking model into conversational, approachable language that resonates with our customers
- Collaborate with marketers, product managers, sales professionals, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our customers
- Work with certified practitioners and master facilitators to develop and maintain content that ensures delivery of high-quality learning materials and improves learner outcomes
- Develop and maintain content for programs, user guides, facilitator guides, slide decks
- Maintain and expand our content library
- Update learning content as needed based on user feedback, pilots, focus groups
- Proofread learning materials for quality, brand voice, style and tone
- Perform quality assurance testing and organize updates to existing learning materials
You should have:
- 2+ years of proven experience in content/instructional design, content strategy, and creating courseware for adult learners
- Deep knowledge of learning theories and design principles, models, and methods
- Experience in content creation of digital products
- Visual design skills (Captivate, InDesign, Articulate Storyline (or similar), Camtasia, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record in writing high-quality learning content for adult learners and instructional materials for facilitators
- Experience using content management systems, learning management systems, and structured authoring tools
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written, and listening
- Possesses sound business acumen; ability to remain calm under pressure; results-focused
- Proven project management skills to keep projects on-track during the content development life cycle
Desired Experience and Key Skills:
· 2+ years managing learning content in B2B enterprise
· Experience working in a global company and developing global content/learning products
· SaaS experience preferred
· Experience with a virtual role
· Comfortable with and driving change
· Ability to manage complex timelines and changing priorities
· Proven experience with digital content
· Technically savvy, ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Proactive and strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Herrmann’s values. We welcome people of different thinking preferences, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are a proudly woman-owned business, an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
Herrmann is 100% virtual, so a suitable home office setup is required with reliable high bandwidth internet access along with a quiet workspace. Individual may reside anywhere in the US as long as working hours align with our standard business hours to ensure team interaction and partnership.
You will be required to travel when needed, and a few times each year you’ll be expected to be available to travel to various locations for internal team activities/meetings to include our annual or at most 2x/year company retreat that require physical presence.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a link to your portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Posted 3 months ago