We are looking for an experienced Product Designer with exceptional creative skills and customer focus to join our team in the Washington, DC area. Product Design at Storyblocks leads in the improvement of the user experience, creating stunning visuals, and understanding the interaction of users with our products. Design is more than just “making it pretty” at Storyblocks and we are seen as strategic partners in multiple facets of the business. By working closely with product management, engineering and marketing you will be part of a growing design team focused on disrupting the stock media market.
The ideal candidate is a great communicator, has a strong portfolio, a keen eye for details, follows current design trends, and has a passion for all things product design. He or she must be a team player and be able deliver under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you are passionate about product design, brand, user empathy, and are highly collaborative then this might be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Help creative people all over the world tell their story using stock media.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Drive innovation, explore new technologies, and elevate our product experience with a constant thirst for improvement
- Research customer needs, competitor products, trends, and best practices to take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, comps, and prototypes to test with our users.
- Contribute to design processes and guidelines as well as provide cross-functional support among different functional groups.
- Contribute to an evolving brand and growing design system
- Be instrumental in evolving a design practice characterized by user focus, continuous learning, strategic impact, and a healthy, growing team.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of industry experience in product design with a proven track record of successfully delivering user-focused experiences and features
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong communication skills to champion user-centric design culture with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function at every level
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC, Abstract, and learning new design tools. Experience with HTML/CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of design systems and component based design.
- Experience with A/B testing and working in an agile environment.
- Experience in subscription products and B2B marketplaces a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible work hours
- A casual, fun, and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers (and dogs!)
- Free gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.Posted 4 months ago Apply Now