Imaginative, curious, and adaptable — you sweat the small stuff, because you know that great design is in the details.
You are creative, inspired, and driven to produce innovative design. You are self-motivated — you have a true passion coupled with the exceptional ability to translate the vision of our clients into high quality and impactful imagery. Such talent and ingenuity make you the right fit for this unique Brand Designer role with GSW.
The Brand Designer actively lives the GSW vision for the role of design by creating solutions that maximize the impact of the brand. He/she actively collaborates with the core team, under the leadership of the Design Director, to fulfill the creative vision for the client. The Brand Designer works closely with the Associate Design Director and Sr. Brand Designer to create on brand design solutions that achieve the strategic goals for the brand. The Brand Designer is expected to collaborate closely with the Creative Team to create and maintain brand equity through design choices that meet the business needs of the brand.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys. Named a Top Workplace in Columbus by CEO Magazine, our employees are inventing ways to go further and faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
- Creates design solutions for print and digital executions - understands brand hallmarks, identity development, typography, design theory, etc.
- Works with the Associate Design Director and Sr. Brand Designer to leverage new approaches and design tools for the Creative Team.
- Researches design processes, methodologies, and historical and current trends in design and creates solutions that are grounded in rational thinking.
- Collaborates to explore and execute Design Theme and Brand Architecture.
- Works effectively within team relationships.
- Understands the importance of budgets and timelines while delivering innovative design solutions.
- Combined degree and design/industry experience of 3 years or more
- Able to explore Brand Architecture solutions
- Able to explore Design Theme solutions
- Expert in information design and application
- Understands the appropriate use of software programs in developing design solutions - is proficient in all relevant software applications
- Asks questions to effectively identify the design challenge and the brand vision
- Actively establishes the appropriate timeline for delivering stellar solutions
- Seeks to understand client dynamics from Account Team
- Voices opinions at the appropriate time
- Contributes solutions beyond what is expected
- Strives to develop the best work, self-edits to present quality versus quantity
- Creates unique and ownable positioning for the brand
- Solutions reflect message strategies and hierarchies
- Inspires passion for design
- Demonstrates ownership of work and timelines
- Shares trends, techniques, and industry news with peers
- Shows professional respect and openness in communication
- Actively aligns the Design Director and Associate Design Director to work-in-progress
- Leads through influence - ensures design is helping solve business objectives and changing brand behaviors for target audience
- Explains design solutions with logic and terminology that clients can understand
- Delivers client objectives with design integrity
- Gossips success - builds credibility for design by actively speaking to successful examples of design applied within GSW and the industry in general
- Proficient in the necessary programs and current techniques as required
- Shares ownership of Quality Control
- Responsible for utilization and billing time
- Identifies ways to be more productive and with greater flexibility
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)