Lead Visual Designer
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Lead Visual Designer for our Team in Berlin!
Beat, Babbel's Creative Services Team, is seeking an experienced Lead Visual Designer who will lead the creative charge for our marketing department. Your role will be to collaborate with the Creative Lead and designers to concept and deliver creatives, across multiple touch points with a focus on performance-based marketing channels (such as Social Media, CRM, Display/SEM). You will also be responsible for providing guidance and leadership to a team of designers in order to achieve planned results. If you would love the opportunity to have an immediate impact on shaping the future of marketing here at Babbel, then this is the role for you.
- A creative and passionate designer, who loves to develop cool concepts but understand business and marketing values.
- An energetic and pragmatic leader, who loves to empower others, collaborate and is open to feedback and ideas.
- You can say no to things, but you will provide another solution.
- 5+ years work experience in related field of brand and marketing as a designer, backed by a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your arsenal.
- Great people skills to inspire and challenge the creative team.
- Hands on experience in leading and managing a team.
- Strong experience in performance channels (particularly Social, CRM).
- A killer eye and attention to detail.
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- A get things done, with a go-getter attitude and a hands-on mentality.
- A top-notch knowledge and hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
Nice to have:
- Experience in UI/UX design.
- Design creative marketing solutions for brand and performance channels.
- Consistently deliver and improve creatives across all channels (Social, CRM, Display/SEM etc).
- Have the ownership of the marketing creatives with the channel managers.
- Be a brand guardian and ensuring visual and tonal consistency.
- Set the team up for success with support from the Creative Director and Production Manager.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a team of designers in order to achieve planned results.
- Ability to present your ideas, thought process in a structured manner.
- Help promote/share design thinking and practices within the team.
- Identify problems and provide creative solutions and options.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you!
Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now