Zeel is looking for a UX Designer to join our growing team.
As Zeel’s UX Designer, you will focus on research, prototypes, and design creations for new features and products spanning both our mobile apps and web. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative thinker who is eager to learn and able to collaborate with cross-functional teams of Engineers, Product Managers, and other Designers.
Please send us your portfolio! It should show strong persona development, wireframing and interaction design, as well as demonstrate your system level thinking, attention to detail, and ability to turn complex workflows into delightful experiences.
What you’ll do
- Prototype user experiences and run usability tests to turn concepts into intuitive and elegant interfaces that will excite our customers and make their lives easier
- Create detailed mock-ups, wireframes and experience maps and communicate them clearly to relevant teams
- Introduce and maintain design systems and usability guidelines that deliver a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products
- Maintain design consistency and coherence across all Zeel platforms
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic
- Collaborate with key teams: in particular, Product development (product managers, engineers) to implement products and new features
- Run user interviews, conduct surveys and other research studies to generate customer insights, product ideas, and personas
- Quickly iterate and develop alternative designs based on feedback from peers or learnings found in user testing and feature responses
- Help set up experiments and feedback loops to know whether we delivered the results that we planned for
- Help us grow an incredible digital design culture
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in a user experience design, interactive design, or user research role at a consumer-focused technology company
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Zeplin (or similar tools)
- Experience using Marvel, Atomic, or InVision prototyping is a plus
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS as well as designing with Bootstrap Components, Material Design Guidelines, and iOS UIKit/HIG
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Experience in responsive web design
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Information Science is preferred
- Interest in the wellness space
Why work here
- Great people and office culture! We made the 2017 Crain’s top 100 places to work!
- An amazing, centrally located office in Midtown complete with a massage room! Inc. Magazine ranks us #2 on their list of coolest startup offices in NYC
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Regular team events and office happy hours
Zeel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Zeel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.Posted 3 months ago Apply Now