Head of Design
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent shops in the US, generating more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. With curated selection and well-crafted shopping experiences, this community of boutiques is far better suited to satisfy the needs of today’s consumers than their big-box counterparts. Unfortunately, an antiquated wholesale model is holding these stores back and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to reimagine wholesale with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for thousands of curated makers that they can try out risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 10,000 buyers to the Faire platform in just a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner, and we were recently the 2nd youngest company to make the list of Y Combinator’s Top 100 startups.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
- VentureBeat: Faire Raises $12M to Reinvent Wholesale
- WSJ: Faire Collects $12M to Supply Series A to Supply Local Stores
- The Decentralization of Retail
We are looking for a dynamic and creative leader to lead product design at Faire.
As Head of Design, you will be responsible for directing the creative vision, strategy, structure and people development of our growing design team. You will own every facet of the retailer and maker product experience across visual interfaces and interaction design. You will be responsible for defining and building the systems and standards that will allow Faire to grow from 3 to 25 to 100 product designers over time. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and our customer-facing teams to improve the way customers engage with our product. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy. You’ll ensure teams are leading with a customer-centered approach, remembering the holistic strategy, and ensuring quality in their delivery. You will inspire, empower, and motivate your team to pursue their best work possible.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Manage and develop a team of designers and design managers. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating product design resources accordingly to ensure deadlines are met and team members are set up for success.
- Translate qualitative and quantitative inputs into a clear direction that guides the team in creating the right experience.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Guide the team towards simple and intuitive solutions for our customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research, content strategy, and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Work closely with product and design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products and services.
- Help define and communicate the design strategy and vision for the company.
- Help continue our work in creating a design system that integrates our brand, speeds our development, and creates a high-quality experience for our customers.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Gauge performance of individual contributors and managers, and have candid conversations focused on helping them improve.
- Take feedback and continuously improve yourself as a design leader.
We’re excited about you because...
- You have 10+ years experience working across multiple projects, leading teams and creative output
- A portfolio of relevant product design work (from UX design to visual design systems), executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products that people love.
- You have built teams of high-quality design talent
- You have a history of developing product vision and strategy and helping peers translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
Posted 3 months ago