Now Hiring: Art Director
NJI Media is looking for a highly conceptual, marketing-oriented and energetic Art Director to join our creative department. As a creative agency, our goal is to consistently provide our clients innovative, unique and stunning designs that challenge the status quo. NJI Media’s wide range of corporate, association and issue advocacy clients look to us to set them apart from the pack. To that end, our Art Director must be able to not only create visually stunning web and print designs, but also mentor and help direct the other designers on our team.
The Art Director will work closely with our Creative Director, account managers and clients to conceive, implement and launch advertising campaigns, branding initiatives and experiential interactives. An ideal candidate must also have experience educating, training, mentoring and directing the graphic designers they work with. In addition, we are looking for a candidate that can consistently help add efficiency to the department, remain knowledgeable and hands-on in the work moving through the agency, and communicate to company leadership about emerging trends, while living up to the agency’s quality standards.
This position will allow you to flex your creative muscles at every turn as you work with an integrated team of strategists, designers, account leaders and developers. You will be asked to create, strategically defend and execute your ideas across all channels – digital, print, social, video and experiential.
- Collaborate in the design, development and strategy of key elements for accounts within the agency
- Lead design team in achieving high-quality work
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions for project kick-offs
- Motivate and inspire the creative team
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Continuously evolve the creative process
- Manage time effectively and with little direction to help projects stay on budget and on time
- Reports to Creative Director and internal teams about account challenges and present proposed solutions
- Is considerate of brands and business needs; proposes the best creative solutions even in time-sensitive moments
- Work collaboratively with Creative Director, account leadership and designers to deliver on client visions consistently
- Ensure quality by committing to internal processes and standards
- Stays current with the latest emerging design and technology trends to find ways to help move the agency work for clients and brands forward
- Excellent aesthetic judgment
- Strong leadership skills to oversee the work of other artists
- Creativity and superb communication to develop products that meet clients' needs
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 4+ years design experience in an agency setting is required
- If no degree is possessed, then 5–6 years related experience in agency setting is required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- Expert level experience with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premier
- Background in animation and motion graphic design
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply industry best practices in user interface and interactive design
- Experience site planning, site mapping and wireframing
- A strong background and experience in advertising, brand development, and interactive design
- Passion, integrity, energy and a good sense of humor
The ideal candidate for the Art Director position would be highly creative, energetic and outgoing. He or she will need to represent the passion and enthusiasm that our company has for exceptional design.
About NJI Media:
NJI Media was recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. Our headquarters is housed within an old grain warehouse that was built circa 1880. Some highlights of the office include a 30ft atrium, a complete kitchen, unlimited snacks, awesome beverages, regular team activities. We provide excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k (with matching) and even life insurance. In addition, we provide maternity and paternity leave along with a substantial amount of vacation time. Oh, and we give vacation bonuses and force you to leave the D.C. metro area.
We strongly believe that our company is only as good as our team. To that end, we put a significant amount of emphasis on employee happiness. From regular team meals (sometimes prepared by our CEO) to our monthly Learn at Lunch series, we provide
many ways to foster a family environment and provide growth opportunities.
Learn more about us at www.njimedia.com
How to Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Panda” in your subject line.
Couple insider tips:
We’d love to learn something unique about you through your cover letter. Do you like eating kimchi burritos or going ice fishing in Poland? We’d also like to hear about your passions and what makes you excited about getting out of bed every morning (if you feel comfortable sharing with us). Your resume should give us the more minute details of your career and experience.Posted 3 months ago Apply Now