With a distributed world and the removal of in-person interactions, there's now an extra layer of visibility needed in projects for teammate assistance, coordination and overall collaboration. Unfortunately, with multiple deliverables falling through the cracks, this is quite noticeable for revenue-driving teams managing multi-million dollar deals. Prelay is disrupting the way teams work together to drive revenue. Teams, individuals involved in both software evaluations and implementations work together within Prelay to move large revenue opportunities forward. We're at an exciting time in our company's journey and looking for people who want to navigate the market with our team.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds like Y Combinator, SV Angel, and Liquid2 Ventures, as well as executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, and Microsoft. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from innovative companies like Google, Nextdoor, and Heap.
Our team is looking for a talented and passionate Design Director to own the development and execution of the Product Design practice at Prelay. You'll report to the CEO. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment, eager to apply modern product design techniques to create elegant solutions to complex problems. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional peers from Product, Engineering, and GTM teams to define key strategy and execution across the product and beyond.
- Spearhead design within the company through collaboration with cross-functional leaders and improving Prelay design systems
- Play a key role in scaling the future design team
- Own and regularly report on the Design department KPIs, OKRs and overall goals
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution
- Orchestrate and drive company-wide design definition, specification, collaboration, and roadmap with cross-partners to agree on fixed design assets, pattern libraries, and components
- Leverage market analysis, competitive knowledge, and customer research to define how Prelay can maintain the best product design in our industry
- Partner closely with product managers to identify new opportunities, articulate problem statements, define hypotheses, run experiments, and measure impact against user goals and business objectives
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Product in strategic decision making and planning for design
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing high-quality, well-crafted visual designs in workflow heavy tools
- Leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing entry and senior-level designers
- Deep understanding of SaaS
- Proven success in dealing with ambiguous situation and demonstrated strong leadership
- Strong understanding of user journeys and flows
- Ability to effectively influence design and product approach and decision making
- A combination of startup and large company experience is desirable
- An amazing eye for detail and quality
- Ability to give strong product feedback
- Open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment