Love what you do. It’s a core value that drives our business. Plus, we’re pretty fun.
We also believe people do their best work where they feel most comfortable so the work location of this position is flexible. However, the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado, California, Florida, Connecticut, or Washington and the candidate must be eligible to work inside the United States.
As the Product Designer, you’ll join a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Content Creators, and Business Development Managers responsible for shaping the user experience on the Brad’s Deals consumer facing and customer facing product lines. You will support the needs of multiple product teams with research, visioning, design, and testing in an agile environment. You will maintain and expand the design system which provides the design foundations and components for everything we build while helping to build out our internal processes for user testing and user research.
About Brad’s Deals:
At Brad's Deals, we believe there is a better way to shop. It goes beyond price. It's the value in connecting with consumers on what's important so we can deliver the best savings and choices every day.
We also believe people do their best work where they feel most comfortable so the work location of this position is flexible except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado, California, Florida, Connecticut, or Washington and the candidate must be eligible to work inside the United States.
At Brad’s Deals:
- Your contributions will directly improve the experience of our consumers and customers.
- You’ll work across multiple projects and have ownership over every aspect of the UX, Research, and Design process.
- On a regular basis, you will collaborate with colleagues outside of the UX and Product Teams including engineers, content creators, and business development teams.
- You’ll have a voice in everything we do. At Brad’s Deals, everyone has a voice regardless of seniority.
What you will be working on:
- Lead UX and UI design projects of a variety of sizes and scopes.
- Lead UX Research and Feedback Loops in coordination with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with Product teams to define requirements for new products, features and existing feature improvements on our iOS and Android Native Apps, our primary website, and our Customer Portal.
- Translate requirements into effective UX and UI design solutions that leverage our established design patterns.
- Document and present your solutions with low-to-high fidelity wireframes
- Communicate clearly about your designs to other project stakeholders.
- Build interactive prototypes for usability testing.
- Assist in quantitative and qualitative research and testing activities.
- Work with engineering and product teams to continue the development of our established component library and pattern libraries.
Who you are...
- 5+ years' experience with 2-3 years of that in a lead UX/UI design role.
- BA/BS in HCI, Design, or a related field — or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Figma, Sketch or AdobeXD.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your problem solving and design skills.
- Experience with building out User Research and User Testing processes.
- Familiar with HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience with user analytics tools such as Heap, Pendo, Others.
- Experience with creating design solutions for Ecommerce, Affiliate Marketing, and Marketplace product lines.
Brad’s Deals continues to save consumers over $200 million a year by sharing the best deals out there all while being the safest place to shop on Earth®. We live out our core values with a ‘Consumer’s first, always’ mindset to deliver the most value every day.
Started by Brad in 2001, our purpose remains the same to help create smarter shopping habits and to keep it real with expert lifestyle and financial advice.
Our culture embraces diversity with different talents, experiences, and backgrounds that help us be exceptional together. With competitive pay, full health benefits, 401K match, plenty of paid time off including a paid sabbatical, and creative perks, we also believe in work-life integration and continued learning.
As one of the 50 Best Places to Work, located in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, we partner with over 2,500 retailers to help 5.5 million consumers save more every month. So if you want to challenge the ordinary and love what you do, we want to hear from you.
Brad’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
'Embrace diversity’ is one of our core values because our differences make us stronger together. To make the world a more inclusive and safe place, we start within our company to intentionally lead with equal opportunities. We encourage the value that unique talents, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences bring to our company, our employees, and our future applicants. We welcome all applicants, whether or not you meet every qualification, to share your unique talents with us. Read more about this here.
"Love what you do" and our Commitment to your Personal Growth
At Brad’s Deals, our culture invites creativity, passion, and career empowerment to help you thrive. We champion employees to create their personal paths to success and are proud to be above the industry average in employee promotions earned every year. An entrepreneurial spirit supports our commitment to employee growth and being exceptional together with unique talents, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences.
*Please note: Due to the potential personal and business impacts of Covid-19, Brad's Deals is taking a proactive approach by allowing our employees to work from home. As such, our hiring teams will be conducting virtual interviews with potential candidates as we continue to monitor the effects of the pandemic across our local community.
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.