Senior Experience Designer
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS ecommerce solutions and services for all business types, from startups to well-established companies. If you're a creative professional who loves working with teams, has a passion for driving positive change and wants to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
What do we do here?
We want to help founders and entrepreneurs be the best at what they do. We believe the best way to grow our business is by helping our customers grow their businesses. Most of the time, this means helping them optimize their online store, find new ways to connect with shoppers, or streamline their operations.
Design is crucial to that, and here’s why: It’s all about the experience. And this role is one of the cornerstones to how we build the most useful product to accelerate success. It’s also a TON of fun -- one of the best jobs on the planet if you ask me.
You will report to Jonathan Turfboer, our Director of Product & Design.
What does success look like?
Glad you asked. To us, it looks like this:
- You converge on exactly what the customer needs by iterating on lo-fidelity prototypes
- You solicit feedback directly from your customers before, during, and after - pretty much daily
- You believe in creating the most useful experiences, more important than usability or beauty
- You share facts that matter to customers about how your solutions are better than competitors
- You’re as excited about finding / identifying / uncovering problems as you are about crafting solutions
- You base design decisions on insights rather than observations (and you know the difference between the two)
- You go with your gut and make decisions quickly, seek feedback, and make changes along the way
- You think holistically - you recognize that the journey starts well before and well after the product
- You value generative research - bonus points if you have experience leading research and synthesis
- Our culture code rings true to you
- It’s simple. Be customer-focused, and kick butt at experience design.
What about all those standard job description bullets? We’ve got those too:
- Bachelor's degree desired
- 4+ years in product design, UI/UX experience
- An amazing portfolio of ux design work
- Sketch or Figma mastery
- Knowledge of mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS
- Ability to communicate design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- High emotional intelligence
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
Posted 4 months ago