Senior UX Designer
Bottomline is a leading global financial and security technology company (Nasdaq: EPAY), employing ~1700 people in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, with a 30-year history of innovation, and a strongly customer-centered culture. Every day, Bottomline makes billions of complex payments transactions simple, smart, and secure, for 600,000 businesses, in 92 countries, in award-winning fashion.
Designers at Bottomline are the vanguard of transformation for a broad portfolio of products and services, seeking excellence and innovation through design-led re-imagining of our already award-winning offerings at every stage, and across every line of business. In an ordinary day, Bottomline designers can expect to lead and collaborate on re-structuring a business process using service-design methods; empathically engage with people to tease out the structure inherent in customer landscapes; evolve our global design system to support conversational experiences; embed machine intelligence into enterprise products to simplify and automate complex workflows; and enhance end-user experiences by crafting delightful digital / hybrid interactions.
On joining Bottomline, new designers can look forward to membership in a thriving, well-respected design practice with veteran leadership, advancing the culture of design at a major public product company, and having broad impact on the business overall.
This position is based out of our Portsmouth, NH office, with some flexibility for working remotely
- Plan, participate in and independently complete design activities throughout the product and service life-cycle, from building understanding and empathy, through ideation, product definition, iterative design and delivery, going-to-market, and evolution
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content design, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end to end
- Work collaboratively with partner making disciplines such as Engineering, and Product Management on framing problems, discovering insights, crafting effective strategies, articulating strong experience-centered visions, defining concepts and prototypes, and guiding iterative development of new and existing offerings
- Participate in simultaneous efforts for a line of business or group of related product and service offerings across digital and real-world channels
- Combine design thinking, lean methods, and agile delivery practices in support of integrated delivery, continuous learning, and strategic alignment
- Undertake and advocate for user-centered approaches to exploring new capabilities such as machine / artificial intelligence, automation, and conversational experiences
- Define and communicate intended end-to-end user experiences to product development audiences and stakeholders through compelling design artifacts
- Guide and conduct learning activities that combine generative / evaluative / design research approaches in support of ongoing discovery and delivery goals
- Participate in and plan learning efforts to validate design assumptions and collect user feedback for enhancing a user experience
- Contribute to and lead the evolution of the design systems supporting Bottomline’s diverse family of products, services, and interaction touch points, across applications, form factors, and lines of business
- Exemplify professional practices for design
- 5+ years of experience designing complex digital products, services, and experiences, including web-based, mobile, desktop, agentive, embedded
- 2+ years advocating and demonstrating advanced product development methods / practices
- Exceptional skills and background for design of complex business-to-business products, services, and applications
- Understanding of the user-centric design methods and processes, design thinking, and empathic lenses for problem-solving
- High-proficiency with contemporary tools for expressing design guidance and illustrating intended experiences
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness and quality
About Bottomline Technologies:
The ability to pay and get paid is critical for every business. Business payments are inherently complex and getting more so every day, making it difficult for organizations to create a business payments strategy that helps them be successful.
Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY), an innovator in business payment automation technology helps make complex business payments simple, smart and secure.
The proof of our success lies in the fact that Bottomline’s solutions are being used by thousands of companies in 92 countries.
At Bottomline we are a passionate, growing market leader, and our first priority is delighting our customers. Every individual in our organization and everything we do connects back to the customer, helping them grow their business and win in their markets. We share ideas, innovate together and support each other personally and professionally.
Our exciting and compelling business strategy coupled with our focus on the customer, along with our strong culture of collaboration is what ensures we are winning in our market and are consistently recognized as a “Best Place to Work.”
We take corporate social responsibility seriously, which is evident in our ongoing commitment to sustainability and charitable giving.
Bottomline Technologies is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer. Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Posted 4 months ago Apply Now