In a nutshell
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our product team. We are building a world-class product that pushes the boundaries of how people manage their health. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about design and ready for a challenge!
You’ll need to be comfortable taking ownership of projects, from start to finish. And work well with other teams to bring your ideas to life. You’ll be eager to learn and love solving complex problems. We’re a small team, you’ll be the second full-time design hire — so your work will have a big impact on how Thriva grows and develops.
We’re building a personalised healthcare service that will change the way people approach their health.
We want to create a product that millions of people use to understand what’s going on inside their bodies — allowing them to improve their health today and catch any small issues before they become big issues.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their own health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live for longer. We’re also building a unique data set that will allow us to learn more than ever about people’s health and predict issues before they occur.
What will you be doing day to day?
- You’ll work closely with other teams to help frame problems and define solutions.
- You’ll work through the entirety of design problems. From initial sketches through to shipping great products.
- You’ll test and measure your design solutions with a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You’ll work on entirely new ideas as well as iterating on and improving existing product features.
- You’ll play a key role in developing our design system and evolve Thriva’s visual identity.
- We currently use Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Principle and Zeplin to name a few of our tools.
What projects could you be working on?
- Allowing customers to build completely custom test packages from the start of their Thriva experience.
- Helping more people discover, understand and experience the value of Thriva.
- Taking the post-results experience to the next level. Helping people understand the impact of result trends and what results mean for their health goals.
- Integrating other testing methods like gut and saliva into the product.
You should apply if:
- You have experience working through the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- You have a strong understanding of UX and UI principles and best practices, particularly for the web.
- You have a passion for user-centred design and show genuine empathy for the end users of our products.
- You understand the difference between good and great. Constantly raising the bar is what drives you.
- You are able to translate customer insight into fully interactive experiences.
- You understand that the launch isn’t the end of the product cycle, you iterate after launch based on qualitative and quantitative insights.
- You think in systems and flows, not isolated pages or features. You love creating scalable and reusable elements, components and systems.
- You are naturally collaborative, ego-free and are able to give and take feedback constructively.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced working environment — we’re an early stage startup after all.
What is it like to work at Thriva?
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re creating something entirely new and we’re aware that we don’t know everything. So we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives. We set quarterly goals which means you’ll always know what you’re doing tomorrow is going to help grow the company over the next few months.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
- Very competitive salary (£32,000–£60,000) with twice yearly salary reviews
- Equity options depending on your experience
- 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) for some well deserved time off
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes or the odd day working from home
- Monthly team activities including away days to Cognac, escape challenges, terrarium building and pottery workshops
- 2% contribution to your pension
- Annual “treat yourself” budget
- Advanced Thriva tests each month
- A well-equipped central London office (Clerkenwell, EC1V) with plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and a great espresso machine
Thriva is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying to for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time.
Bryn is really looking forward to reading your application.Posted 24 days ago Apply Now