Mesosphere is seeking a Product Designer to help design the future of Mesosphere. As a Designer at Mesosphere, you should be passionate about designing usable and beautiful products and interfaces.
We're looking for a team member with an unnerving attention to detail and understands design is equal parts form and function. You will partner with engineering, product management, senior executives and others throughout the organization to help make our platform a success. We are looking for someone who can think several steps ahead and is able to articulate their design decisions. We are building a world class enterprise design team and are looking for someone who puts our users first, has a ship it mentality and who is eager to gain experience and be part of that mission.
We’re a team of multidisciplinary designers who span user research, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping and visual design. We sketch a lot. We prototype a lot. We test and validate a lot. We write about our design process and encourage each other to show off our work to the world. We believe that the technological demands of modern applications are becoming increasingly complex, and as such we have a duty to make the tools used to develop and deliver these applications simpler and easier to use.
- Work directly on the interface and experience design of our products.
- Drive and lead design projects from start to finish.
- Explore and incorporate new and emerging design trends.
- Develop user flows, journey maps, wireframes and other assets to help facilitate the design process.
- Create prototypes to user test and validate assumptions.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers.
- Design clean and unique user interfaces to mirror UX requirements and compliment brand/product identity.
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers on problem solving and delivering solutions.
- Work with frontend engineering to deliver your designs to users in high quality.
- Observe current user behavior and make design suggestions to improve UX.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research.
- Adapt quickly to change in a fast paced startup environment.
- Build empathy and understanding of our users and how to empower them.
- Become an expert and set design vision for modern enterprise apps.
Experience and Skills
- Intuitive mind for good user experience.
- Able to analyze, optimize, and simplify workflows.
- Able to effectively communicate with other team members.
- Experience designing for both responsive web and mobile.
- Relevant understanding of best-practices and trends in UI/UX design.
- Obsessive attention to even the smallest of details.
- Great time management skills.
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process.
- Familiar with visual design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Familiar with building and thinking in design systems.
- Understand technical requirements and aspects of modern apps.
- Demonstrable experience designing and shipping complex projects from start to finish.
- (BONUS) Experience running user interviews and testing sessions.
In addition to a designer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to be creative, collaborate, and do your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for Mesosphere, Inc.
- Pick your equipment (most of us work on MacBook Pros with Thunderbolt Displays)
- Company 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Life, health & dental insurance
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and be amongst the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks & drinks (beer, cold brew, and otherwise)
- Paid parental leave
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency and automation with Apache Mesos. Mesosphere’s product, the datacenter operating system (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, T. Rowe Price and Koch Disruptive Technologies, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now