Senior Product Designer
Faire is building a first-class design team. This role will work closely with the product and engineering teams to bring the Faire brand to life. The right candidate has a love for branding with a strong background in product design for web, mobile and native app. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, and rigorous, with an obsessive eye for detail.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be comfortable creating complex interactions based on a high-level concept, illustrating a large number of use cases and conditions, resolving dependencies, working with and pushing against technical constraints.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Creating detailed interaction and pixel specs, preparing assets for use in a variety of platforms.
- Keynote presentations, maintaining up-to-date files and uniform naming conventions, ensuring design consistency across all assets and products.
- Close alignment with the Engineering team.
Key Qualifications include:
- Creative and resourceful
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adept at solving complex problems
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms
- Enjoys improving existing patterns and finding innovative solutions for new features and use cases
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Strong Problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change are required
- Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Design portfolio is a must
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and other design software
- Knowledge of Apple products, specifically iOS and OS X
- Demonstrated proficiency in the formal elements of design including typography and layout
- Excellent c ommunicator and team player
- Experience working across multiple projects at once
- Background or interest in prototyping
- Fluency with HTML and CSS highly desired
- Expertise with other visual arts such as texture work, fine arts or photography a plus
- Bachelors or Masters of Arts/Design
- 5+ years of design experience
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner, and we were named one of the top 8 companies at our Y-Combinator Demo Day last year.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
- VentureBeat: Indigo Fair Raises $12M to Reinvent Wholesale
- WSJ: Indigo Fair Collects $12M to Supply Series A to Supply Local Stores
- The Decentralization of Retail
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us. To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!Posted 6 months ago Apply Now