Senior Manager, Product Design
Are you a creative, results-oriented design manager, with a passion for all things digital, and a history of inspiring and guiding fresh talent? Here at Chewy, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, Product Design to elevate our digital presence and team. You’ll create customer-centric experiences across the web (desktop, tablet, mobile) and native apps (iOS, Android) that deliver the WOW factor that our shoppers know and love.
As part of our Product Design team in Boston, MA, the ideal candidate will bring a forward-thinking design aesthetic, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices, and the drive to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What you'll do:
- Mentor and manage a team of talented product designers, including defining clear goals, prioritizing work, and building a culture that fosters collaboration.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, software engineers, UX designers, and UX researchers to improve and elevate the Chewy digital experience across multiple platforms.
- Whiteboard and ideate with colleagues from varied backgrounds to articulate and iterate on new ideas.
- Communicate your product design vision to cross-functional teams, senior leadership, and fellow designers.
- Own and maintain a cohesive design system.
- Advocate for the customer.
- Attend and actively participate in daily stand-up, grooming, planning, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Perform design reviews and provide feedback to software engineers during the development process.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience in an agency or tech/product setting, building digital products/experiences in an agile software development process or equivalent work experience; 3+ years managing teams.
- A user-centered approach to designing digital experiences.
- Track record of attracting, hiring and developing design talent.
- Comfortable dealing with a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others.
- Stellar portfolio.
- Empathy for customers and teammates.
- Whiteboarding / sketching skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, or other comparable design and prototyping tools.
- A sense of humor.
- iOS and Android experience.
- E-commerce experience.
- Animation chops.
Posted 29 days ago