About the Role
Are you passionate about solving problems and communicating interface solutions to users in creative, usable and visually compelling ways? As a Product Designer, you’ll work with our product, development and marketing teams to design the future of our web and mobile applications leveraged by millions of users.
As a Product Designer at Passport, you will be at the center of all things that allow us to plan for and launch products for our new and existing customers, and you’ll do this in our incredibly fast-paced, exciting, and constantly changing environment.
- Lead or Participate in product design workshops.
- Take concepts from ideation to execution.
- Have a love for designing simple, beautiful software experiences.
- Great attention to detail whilst also being aware of the broader brand values.
- Comfortable experimenting and iterating on ideas.
- Welcome criticism, feedback and defend design decisions for the good of the product.
- Validate and iterate on product designs.
- Conduct user research and interviews.
- An all-round prototyper, with the ability to go from pencil-and-paper wireframes to fully
- functional mockups and prototypes. Knowledge of HTML, jQuery and CSS is a plus.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in UI/UX design.
- Experience with Apple’s Human Interface and Google’s Material Design guidelines.
- Experience with digital design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision or Figma (we use
- Knowledge of user-centered design and usability principles and techniques
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record
- of improving conversion rates. Experience with A/B testing, especially on mobile platforms.
- You’re comfortable dealing with end users, and conducting user testing
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- You work smart. Build a template any time something will be used more than once.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
- You have superior resource, planning, and time management skills.
* An online portfolio and relevant links are required.
Simply put, you have it all together - people enjoy working with you, your team respects you, your clients are regularly impressed by you, and you can juggle it all. You know the ins and outs of product design, but you also take tremendous pride in fully understanding the businesses you support. You are not afraid of challenging situations, and know how to navigate carefully during challenging client conversations. You constantly set the bar high with your daily work and your project portfolio, and then raise the bar higher for both you and your team. You always hit your deadlines. You have a propensity towards continuous improvement and love to figure out the scalable solution. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You can balance short and long term objectives. You own the details. You are always thinking a few steps ahead. You can multitask between multiple complex projects while also fighting daily fires. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can communicate with the best by being clear, concise, and listening.
*There is not a remote option for this role, must sit in Charlotte, NC.
Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities, and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London, and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement, and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service, and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture.
Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Capital.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Posted 3 months ago Apply Now