UX Visual Designer
We are a rapidly-growing and highly-capable UX team who are tasked with building experiences for a global audience in eight languages. Our team collaborates with product groups, developers, and others to deliver intuitive and innovative solutions in an Agile environment. We endeavor to add a user centric perspective in all aspects of our process.
As part of our team, UX Visual Designers are responsible for iconography, typography, color, photography, data visualization and other assets together to help users successfully navigate our products.
Our UX Visual Designers craft immersive and engaging designs that transform editorial content into feature stories that are memorable experiences.
As with our other UX roles, you will work in a team and independently, but always collaboratively to produce intuitive and great looking products.
The person in this position will collaborate with UX designers, editors, developers, marketers, and content creators.
- Create layouts, interactive prototypes, and other tools to communicate concepts
- Work with Editorial and UX Design to inform decision making and direction
- Document and manage presentation layer
- Conduct periodic presentation layer audits
- Participate in and/or lead creative briefs, discovery, ideation, and/or project intake sessions
- Participate in, and contribute to, regular peer design reviews sessions
You use user-centered design principles in your approach – from concept to execution, and across many platforms.
You strive to create consistent layouts and UI patterns that help communicate the intent of your design.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, proactively problem-solving and innovating.
You consider yourself adept at negotiating priority vs timeline trade-offs with project stakeholders.
You have an interest in UX beyond applications and websites.
- 3+ years of professional experience with visual design of digital interfaces and/or web design
- BA/BS in a relevant field or an equivalent demonstrated mix of education and experience
- Flexibility of approach in providing, or creating, the best solutions based on product/team needs
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards for web design
- Working knowledge of industry standards, protocols, and methodologies for both responsive and app design
- Ability to use analytics, and other metrics, as guidance and direction
- Proficiency in industry standard prototyping tools for static and interactive deliverables
- Proficiency in industry standard visual design tools to create high-fidelity mockups
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean iterative project management/development model
- Ability to articulate your concepts and design decisions
- Online portfolio, ideally, with detailed examples that illustrate the challenges you were tasked with, solutions you provided, and how they performed
Why work for Rotary?
What you do will make a difference in the world.
Your skills will help to build better tools that aid our members in improving lives around the world. Your work will be part of supporting Rotary to in global and local efforts, like eradicating polio or building a local corner playground.
Work-life balance is more than just a phrase.
Our team values your time and that you have a life outside of working with us. We offer a remote flex-day, summer hours, and off-site team-building activities.
We value your professional development.
Our team members enjoy self-directed professional development time. We also want you to stay inspired and up-to-date on industry trends. That is why we have a professional development budget for trainings, professional events, and seminarsPosted 3 months ago Apply Now