We’re looking for a Graphic Designer all-star to join Mango Languages’ team. In this hybrid role, you’ll need to keep the overarching Mango Languages brand vision in mind, while maintaining focus on the details that bring that vision to life. Reporting to the Creative Manager, you’ll play a key role on the Marketing Creative Team. You’ll be encouraged to flex your creative muscles, from designing brand-relevant illustrations and multimedia, to building UI/UX elements and wireframes, plus prototyping various components for web pages, storyboards, and campaigns. You’ll also be responsible for laying out type-driven documents, from case studies to curriculum content.
The Graphic Designer position requires excellent self-management skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate your intentions and logic behind each design/concept to both creatives and non-creatives alike is equally important as your design capabilities. This position encourages both independence and team collaboration, self-starting and working independently on projects, plus team and interdepartmental communication and collaboration. You’ll work on a multitude of projects at varying scales and stages; multitasking, prioritizing, as well as working under pressure, as part of your process.
Here at Mango Languages, our purpose is simple but powerful: our work is devoted to enriching as many lives as possible with language and culture. When you work here, every day is an adventure — are you up for the challenge? We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Design for RGB/screen-based projects including (but not limited to): webpage designs (including prototyping/wireframing), landing pages, email campaigns, events & webinar/seminars, social/blog posts, presentations, video/multimedia assets, and ability to adapt designs to emerging screen-based technologies.
- Design for CMYK-based projects including (but not limited to): product brochures & info pages, case studies, trade show collateral, event signage, promotional goods, flyers, posters, onboarding documents, instructional/educational content, etc.
- Design creative assets including (but not limited to): illustrations, infographics, product/campaign logos, design systems & styling, gif animations, and photography/video.
- Point person for internal and external creative needs, including: collaborating, planning, and creating content with key Marketing team members, including Communications, Events, Digital Marketing, etc., articulating concepts and strategy with Leadership team (and other departments), managing vendor relationships, and outsourcing overflow design projects with contractors.
- Minimum of 2–5 years experience working on brand, marketing, and design-centric projects in an agency/corporate environment; we’ll make an exception if your portfolio and work ethic are outstanding.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, Sketch app, Invision, and the ability to adapt to other emerging prototyping software.
- Working knowledge of campaign and organizational platforms such as Hubspot, Mailchimp, Asana, G Suite (and/or similar platforms).
- Working knowledge of Google Slides and/or Keynote, plus Powerpoint and the Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to work in a Mac OS department; working knowledge of Windows is a plus.
- Ability to shift between print and digital; experience with both formats is essential to qualify for this position.
- A strong design discipline and process, including organized file-naming conventions and practices.
- Creative: You know how to push (and how to adhere to) the boundaries of brand guidelines with strong, inspiring visuals.
- Communicative: You enjoy working and collaborating with team members of both similar and different skill sets.
- Organized: You have a composed and thoughtful design process (as well as file-naming conventions).
- Energetic: You are actively finding ways to improve your creative process and are eager to learn (and try) new things.
- You’re proficient in Figma.
- You have experience with basic animation/video.
- You have some knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience with front-end development.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- You can speak another language.
*Candidate will not be considered without a cover letter submitted with application.
*Candidate may be expected to complete a design challenge during interview process.Posted 3 months ago Apply Now