Design for a better world.
As a designer, you will craft beautiful, effective, and innovative experiences across web, mobile, email, and social. Working with a mix of nonprofits, brands, and causes, you will build cohesive, action-oriented campaigns, crafting responsive websites and brands, and engaging audiences with compelling visual storytelling. You’ll work on an interdisciplinary team of strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and clients.
- Support the visual design of a wide range of digital projects – including email/social fundraising campaigns, responsive websites, and identity design.
- Collaborate with strategists and creative directors in the development of creative solutions; present and explain designs to clients; collaborate and iterate based on feedback.
- Consistently aspire to ever better creative quality and growth within the global design team, through regular team crits and work sessions.
- Stay up to date on technology and design best practices and trends to keep our work and team ahead of the curve.
Designers at Blue State Digital are curious, passionate, and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the field of design and are able to work quickly, autonomously, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, aid in understanding, and clarify information.
Top things we're looking for
- Flexible skills: We’re looking for a versatile design aesthetic, and brilliant examples of how to reach and active audiences across different styles and platforms online.
- Proven track record: 4+ years of professional digital design experience.
- Thoughtful: Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, as well as an advanced understanding of how your work fits into a whole vision. Humble in victory, tenacious in defeat.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD
Posted 7 months ago