Product UX/UI Designer
WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD?
There are 44 million Americans burdened by student debt. The vast majority of them are enrolled in the wrong repayment plan, causing them to overpay by thousands of dollars and default on payments.
Summer’s vision is to save these borrowers time and money by building an innovative platform to help navigate the complex student loan market. We're passionate about building smart tools from the ground up to provide customized repayment recommendations for all borrowers. Join us to help fix the system.
Our team is passionate about harnessing technology to tackle a major social and economic issue for our generation. Our co-founders include a former member of the Obama administration and SoFi, and the former product lead of two venture-backed fintech companies. We are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital and Story Ventures, and our first partner is Yale University.
We have been growing rapidly since our launch and are now looking for our first in-house designer to take our product and design system to the next level. We are seeking a team member who will embrace the opportunity to determine our creative direction in an exciting startup environment. You will join our founding team and collaborate with policy experts, data scientists, and engineers to deliver an impactful product that improves the lives of our users.
You will lead design projects across our desktop and mobile platforms, including user research, interaction models, wireframes, and branding. You will partner closely with our engineering and product team to develop creative solutions that elegantly translate financial data and concepts for our users. You will also create and own design systems to allow the rest of the team to reliably ship future product features incorporating user feedback through research and testing.
You should have 2+ years of experience designing consumer-facing products, such as at a design agency or startup. We will ask you for a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to communicate through design. Equally important are strong communication skills and an eagerness to collaborate with the rest of the founding team at an early-stage startup.
Our biggest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located near Penn Station).
- Empathy: We are committed to building an environment where we work to see things from other each other's perspectives and treat each other the way we wish to be treated. We believe that understanding others is critical for our team’s success—both internally with the team and externally with the borrowers we aim to serve.
- Diversity: We respect diversity in all forms and encourage open, respectful differences of opinion among team members. Our diversity of backgrounds and opinions makes us stronger as a team and enhances our effectiveness in every area.
- Growth: We believe in continuous growth and learning encourage the team to improve through regular, open, and respectful feedback. We believe a startup environment presents a unique set of learning opportunities and encourage teammates to develop in a variety of ways.
- Determination: We appreciate the scale of the problem we are tackling and recognize that we need to remain focused and determined to build an effective product. We strive to build a best-in-class product that is responsive to user needs and effectively addresses a critical social issue of our day.
- Humility: We believe in balancing our smart, innovative approach with a recognition that our users have unique needs that will drive our product. Our team emphasizes listening to customer feedback as we continue to improve our offerings.
- Fun: We also enjoy a work environment where team members can be themselves and have fun both in and out of the office.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
In addition to a fun and inclusive work environment, we offer:
- Stock options for full-time team members
- Healthcare coverage
- Generous vacation, medical, and family leave policies
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At Summer, diversity is one of our core values. As an equal opportunity employer, our hiring practices reflect that. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our policy reflects and affirms the company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
We look forward to hearing from you!Posted 2 months ago Apply Now