Product Designer - UX
Alarm.com is looking for talented Product Designer to join our Product Management team in Redwood City that is defining products and features that impact the Home Security, Home Automation and IoT space.
In this role, you will be working with engineers, customers, and other PM's. Once you understand the need, you will manage the design and development of the product, writing requirements and defining user interaction and UI. Here at Alarm.com we are very collaborative and are looking for a team player who can contribute to technical decision-making process by presenting your recommendations based on data driven reasoning.
- Owning specific Alarm.com product lines, advocating for success and quality of these product lines within Alarm.com and with external parties
- Driving the entire product integration life cycle –
- Understand the existing features of Alarm.com’s platforms, and coordinate integrating these features with partner company’s products
- Contribute to product roadmaps across multiple internal and external teams, including teams of device engineers, Alarm.com’s cloud platform engineers, quality engineers, UI/UX designers, doc writers, and other stakeholders
- Conducting market and competitive research
- Advocate for the customer experience and be able to articulate the reasons for your design decisions.
- Recommending and championing improvements to existing product lines with collaboration from internal and external stakeholders
- Acting as the product expert and liaison to internal parties as well as external dealers and partners
- Work with business and technology teams to define requirements and drive projects through the entire product lifecycle.
- Create user experience wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, UI designs and prototypes.
- Give and solicit feedback from other members of the organization in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in IoT
- Work experience in software UX design, product management, project management, or related fields
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self-starter with ability to deliver results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including product specifications
- Showcase an online portfolio with examples of design work.
- Experience with standard industry tools like Sketch and Adobe tools.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, and can demonstrate curiosity and passion for design and crafting awesome experiences.
- General knowledge of business, economics and/or finance
- Nice to have: You can translate your designs from pixels to code, or at least have some basic coding experience for interactive mockups.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface.
Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPosted about 1 month ago Apply Now