Senior UX Designer- Workplace
Morningstar brings people together with a singular goal in mind—to build software that users love. From individual investors to portfolio managers—we live to create transparency, always focused on bringing clarity to complexity and creating tools that support millions of investors in ways that excite, inform and create long-term success. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed. Our team is built around technology, research, and design. We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our energetic group building software that helps employees retire better. In this role, you’ll work with an interdisciplinary team to conduct research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design. You will provide insight into business and product challenges, provide direction in how these considerations are best balanced with user needs, and help shape the future of the product roadmap.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create and present UX concepts and behaviors using methods appropriate to the context (e.g. paper sketches, whiteboarding, wireframes, task/workflows, prototypes, etc.).
- Participate in user-centered research with customers through focus groups, usage analysis, rapid prototyping and facilitate co-creation activities.
- Communicate cross-channel user experience solutions to stakeholders in product development, marketing, clients, and research through prototypes, detailed specifications, and similar types of communication documents.
- Be an obsessive advocate for user-centered research and for a ‘design thinking’ approach to creative problem solving
- Use data and experimentation in the design process to deliver on intended outcomes
- Thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience
- Be curious about new technology and pushing experiences to be current and modern
- Be able to write and present effectively; you’ll need to guide and persuade many opinions
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- Passionate about design research, information architecture, and user and product experience.
- Committed to user outcomes, business impact, and measuring both.
- Eager to master complex information, and able to simplify it so that everyone can understand it.
- Able to build meaningful relationships across multidisciplinary teams to cultivate empathy, while also moving a team forward.
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems. Able to adapt their leadership style based on what the team needs, and is ready to take the initiative to get things done and ask thoughtful questions.
- A curious self-starter who isn't afraid of ambiguity and is eager to find problems and solve them.
- Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Continuously strive for better ways of communicating, coaching, and learning.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to bring energy to a team and keep things positive.
Experience we’d like to see:
- 5-7 years of experience designing digital products and interactions, large-scale websites, or applications.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader on a multidisciplinary product team.
- Confidence in advocating for and sharing user-centered design principles.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Proactive, hands-on person who loves a challenge.
Please include a portfolio of work that you’re most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you’ve created, and want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.Posted 7 days ago Apply Now