Senior Product Designer
A Better opportunity
We’re transforming home ownership by deeply understanding our user’s goals and obstacles, so we can craft a seamless product experience that gets people in their homes faster, with less stress, and more confidence. We’re searching for a Senior Product Designer to help us achieve these goals, and to join our best-in-class product and technology team.
- Define product experiences that will make the mortgage process transparent, efficient, and easy to understand.
- Transform the home buying journey, giving borrowers the tools they need to find the right home and make a winning offer that fits comfortably into their budget.
- Own the design process end-to-end: partner with product managers and engineers to iterate quickly through possible solutions, build increasingly higher fidelity prototypes to validate hypotheses and gain consensus, and deliver actionable polished designs to engineers for implementation.
- Internalize our mission and values and convey them in your designs by having a supportive tone, giving users full transparency around costs, and providing them with unbiased financial advice.
- Collaborate closely with marketing and sales since the user experience does not live solely within the confines of the software you design. Strive to make the user experience seamless across all touch points.
- Act as a leader on the design team by giving thoughtful feedback in design reviews, evolving our component libraries, and experimenting with new tools and techniques.
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across our organization. Present your vision of the user experience in a compelling way that gets the everyone excited to work towards it.
Attributes we value
- At least four years of experience doing exceptional product design work, with at least two years at a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You solicit feedback to make your designs better and believe good ideas can come from anywhere.
- You balance creating the ideal user experience with business goals and time to market. You version your designs so they get shipped in weeks, not months.
- You take full ownership of your designs and do user research, write copy, map user flows, layer in thoughtful interactions, and create beautiful visuals.
- You can showcase examples of your excellent UX and visual design work.
- You’re excited about our mission to make homeownership easier and more affordable for all Americans.
A Better Company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service, and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.Posted 6 months ago Apply Now