We are looking for a Product Designer to help build exciting products with our diverse team of musicians, technologists, engineers, marketers, and gamers in an open and fun work environment in Calabasas, California.
Your focus will be on bringing your own creative flare to our DittyMoji suite of products' visual identities. This would range from playing an integral part in the design of an exciting new product features while contributing to our web and mobile properties. If you can consistently produce innovative designs with minimal direction from the team while embracing collaboration whenever the opportunity arises, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Design, deliver, and ship user-friendly, high-quality, flows and features for our existing suite of apps (and some new ones)
- Collaborate with product and engineering to ensure design intent is realized across apps, web, and more
- Design flows and interactions that are intuitively simple
- Craft prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Evolve, organize, and refine our design language
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work
- Develop initial design concepts, taking into account platform best practices, technical standards, and brand guidelines.
- Present design concepts and explain rationale to team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in and handle regular crit sessions with grace while translating feedback into actionable steps toward refinement and perfection of an approach
- Help gather and analyze user data (qualitative and quantitative) to inform product design
- Design and implement external facing websites for our products as well as internal knowledge hubs
- Creatively contribute to the look, design, and features of internally developed products
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment
- Prepare visual assets for integration into our production pipeline and technology stack
- BA/BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent
- 3+ years product design experience at a progressive, consumer tech company
- A Jack of all trades who can lead projects from inception to final deliverables with little intervention
- Proficient in Sketch
- Proficient in the Creative Cloud suite of products
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong grasp of mobile and web product design
- Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design principles
- Strong creativity and complex problem-solving abilities
- An extreme attention to detail and an eye for perfection
- Self starter, eager to contribute to improving the product and unafraid to learn new skills
- Thrive when working in a highly collaborative and iterative team atmosphere.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills to present and convey your ideas
- A passion for our apps
- A passion for emojis, stickers, and pictorial communication in general
- A portfolio that showcases creative and systematic design thinking and execution
- Familiarity with Git and general interest in front end web development
- Encyclopedic knowledge of visual, interactive and motion design trends
- An intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills in broad areas relating to design, technology and user experience
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity program
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits are offered
- Paid time off
- Free snacks and beverages
- Virtual Training classes in career advancement
- ADP Discounts program
Zya empowers anyone to express themselves through music. The company’s proprietary music technology is backed by 44 awarded and 30 pending patents.
Zya is led by Matt Serletic, former Chairman & CEO of Virgin Records and a Grammy-award winning producer/songwriter and independent label owner. Zya’s backers include venture capital firms 500 Startups and Shea Ventures.
Posted 8 days ago